Gianni's Bar and Grille. Guns and shit. And Bourbon. And occasional side boob  

Go Back   Gianni's Bar and Grille. Guns and shit. And Bourbon. And occasional side boob > Honeycomb Hideout > The Lt. Allen Swanson Project
Victim Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 25th August 2008, 11:08   #1
maladjusted
Hellappotamus

maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.
Avett Bros show last week dmamit shorty

They played 1 hour 45 minutes.

DUDE WEAK.
maladjusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2008, 14:34   #2
AnimalChin
DRINK CHEERWINE

AnimalChin has potential, we're not sure what forAnimalChin has potential, we're not sure what forAnimalChin has potential, we're not sure what forAnimalChin has potential, we're not sure what for
Re: Avett Bros show last week dmamit shorty

that too long for you to stand up big guy?

did they play gay stuff for girls or did they rock out

how much were tix
AnimalChin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2008, 15:08   #3
maladjusted
Hellappotamus

maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.

I stood the whole time. I might have been a little wobbly due to bourbon.

They rocked out some.

< 2 hours. $24

WEAK.
Old 25th August 2008, 15:12   #4
AnimalChin
DRINK CHEERWINE

AnimalChin has potential, we're not sure what forAnimalChin has potential, we're not sure what forAnimalChin has potential, we're not sure what forAnimalChin has potential, we're not sure what for

i don't know man i get bored of my favorite bands after an hour and a half.

did they start late or was it a festival with eleventeen bands or what.

i dont think i ever saw em play more than an hour/hour and a half tops.

how long did they play last time you saw em?

fuck $24

i used to see em for $6.
Old 25th August 2008, 15:15   #5
maladjusted
Hellappotamus

They started at 9:15, by 11 the place was emptied out, lights were up, and people were outside going WTF it's so early dmamit stupid fucking Alan Swanson.

When I saw them in PDX last they played for 3+ hours.

THis wasn't no festivalpalooza, neither. Just some dude strumming an acoustic and mumbling to open, then them.

I DO NOT FEEL LIKE I GOT MY MONEY'S WORTH.
Old 25th August 2008, 15:15   #6
AnimalChin
DRINK CHEERWINE

i think the best avett brothers shows are probably over.

they're music keeps getting softer (we'll see what happenes with the next album) and the crowds get bigger and the ticket prices keep climbing.

seeing them in smaller (but PACKED) clubs for ~$10 was what i would say they were all about. i mean i'm all for them changing their direction and all that (they're muscians, that's just what happens) but i just don't like the new direction they're heading in.

it used to be punkrock/hardcore influenced bluegrass. now it's more old time country and slower blue grass ballads. eh. no thanks.

i'm glad i was there for the 'hayday' 5-6 times though.
Old 25th August 2008, 15:17   #7
maladjusted
Hellappotamus

There was a cute girl there, though, so that was cool. I talked to her and she talked to me and she has a turntable and bought Gleam II on vinyl. I'm afraid Gleam II has teh suck, but vinyl is cool.

Oh well.
Old 25th August 2008, 15:18   #8
AnimalChin
DRINK CHEERWINE

Quote:
Originally Posted by maladjusted
They started at 9:15, by 11 the place was emptied out, lights were up, and people were outside going WTF it's so early dmamit stupid fucking Alan Swanson.

When I saw them in PDX last they played for 3+ hours.

THis wasn't no festivalpalooza, neither. Just some dude strumming an acoustic and mumbling to open, then them.

I DO NOT FEEL LIKE I GOT MY MONEY'S WORTH.

well thats fucking gay.

was there not much of a crowd? (seems impossible but it may have been a new town. plus, utah!? they allow music there?)

i would pay for your ticket +1 but:

a) you've already seen them so it doesn't count. first time only.
b) i pulled that offer after they released their last album and ticket sales went up %150. i posted about it somewhere on here.

i've deliberatly missed the past 4-5 shows of theirs in the area.
Old 25th August 2008, 15:18   #9
maladjusted
Hellappotamus

Also they did wail on the kick drum some, it wasn't a total letdown but it wasn't like last time.

I blame you.
Old 25th August 2008, 15:18   #10
AnimalChin
DRINK CHEERWINE

Quote:
There was a cute girl there

just one!?

oh right. utah.
Old 25th August 2008, 15:20   #11
maladjusted
Hellappotamus

I wasn't seeking a refund, Alan.

The crowd was good. I understand there were more tickets available, but it was a good, lively crowd. Dance floor was full. Mezzanine was closed but the main floor was full. The Depot is a pretty big venue.
Old 25th August 2008, 15:20   #12
AnimalChin
DRINK CHEERWINE

Quote:
Also they did wail on the kick drum some, it wasn't a total letdown but it wasn't like last time.

I blame you.

i'll call em and have a talk with them.

you can be assured more "kick"drum at future appearances.
Old 25th August 2008, 15:20   #13
AnimalChin
DRINK CHEERWINE

Ok I Have To Go Now

FIX ALL CAPS YOU FAGGOTS.
Old 25th August 2008, 15:22   #14
maladjusted
Hellappotamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalChin
just one!?

oh right. utah.

durrrrrr.

Actually there are a lot of beautiful women here. It's just not that usual that I'm standing around drinking and one starts talking to me.