Gianni's Bar and Grille. Guns and shit. And Bourbon. And occasional side boob  

Go Back   Gianni's Bar and Grille. Guns and shit. And Bourbon. And occasional side boob > Honeycomb Hideout > The Lt. Allen Swanson Project
Victim Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12th February 2008, 13:12   #21
maladjusted
Hellappotamus

maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.
Re: Put your money where your mouth is

They're allowed to put on dress uniforms or whatever - but who the fuck's going to do that? If you're changing at the end of the day to run to the store or teh bar on teh way home I sure wouldn't want to put on a fucking suit.
maladjusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2008, 13:17   #22
Julius
Huh?

Julius is Thunder From Down UnderJulius is Thunder From Down UnderJulius is Thunder From Down UnderJulius is Thunder From Down UnderJulius is Thunder From Down UnderJulius is Thunder From Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooflechicken
FUCK those fucking fuckers fuck. fuck fuck fuck.

Its shameful. Its the epitome of taking them for granted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHippy
Not near as bad as jewliusses assplosion

Julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2008, 13:32   #23
Soulslayer
I'm *this* close to silently protesting.

Soulslayer has caught teh ghey

bullshit. I see guys in uniform around here all the time...out in public. there's no rule.

Soulslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2008, 13:34   #24
maladjusted
Hellappotamus

maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius
Its shameful. Its the epitome of taking them for granted.

Counterpoint:

The vast majority of the former and current military men (and a couple of women) I've discussed the matter with anonymooosly on the interwebs just don't care and say it's no big deal.

I think it sucks balls personally, and I agree w/ Chikkin that people need to see them out and about, but hopefully they don't see it as a poke in the eye.
Old 12th February 2008, 13:35   #25
maladjusted
Hellappotamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulslayer
bullshit. I see guys in uniform around here all the time...out in public. there's no rule.

You're right, I made that up just to piss you off.

I'm sure there are areas where it's more strictly enforced than others.

I have certainly noticed a marked decrease around here.
Old 12th February 2008, 13:42   #26
Soulslayer

don't know why. i have more military in my city then you have in your whole state...and they all wear their uniforms here everywhere.

i think you made it up.

Old 12th February 2008, 13:52   #27
Julius
Huh?

Julius is Thunder From Down UnderJulius is Thunder From Down UnderJulius is Thunder From Down UnderJulius is Thunder From Down UnderJulius is Thunder From Down UnderJulius is Thunder From Down Under

Quote:
i have more military in my city

And niggars still got your TV?

I think you made that up.

Quote:

Old 12th February 2008, 14:06   #28
Soulslayer

in my city, i got nasa and langley afb, ft eustis, ft monroe, and right across the water about 15 minutes I got norfolk naval base.

yeah, i got more military then any of you do.

I could throw a rock off my front porch and hit a member of the armed forces...not that I would, but I could.

Old 12th February 2008, 14:09   #29
Julius
Huh?

Quote:
in my city, i got nasa and langley afb, ft eustis, ft monroe, and right across the water about 15 minutes I got norfolk naval base.

yeah, i got more military then any of you do.

I could throw a rock off my front porch and hit a member of the armed forces...not that I would, but I could.

Do they wear the camo uniforms around town or only the more formal one?

Quote:

Old 12th February 2008, 14:37   #30
Soulslayer

you don't ever see them in dress uniforms. always in camo.

Old 12th February 2008, 18:24   #31
DieHippy
Hella Bolognafried Warrior

DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.

Never was any such rule when I was in, other than don't wear your shit when flying civilian transport, etc. so as to not make yourself a target. Obviously you wouldn't put on a uniform to go to the grocery store on Saturday morning. Oh and no uniforms in bars, unless you're there "to eat."
DieHippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2008, 03:21   #32
Rooflechicken
Hella gort maringa

Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.

Quote:

What if you was to swing a dead cat?

Also, Mal is making it up because I saw 2 guys in MN today that had on the desert camo.

Mal is a BIG FAT LIAR.

In memory of Johnny

One life I'm gonna live it up
I'm takin' flight I said I'll never get enough
Stand tall I'm young and kinda proud
I'm on top as long as the music's loud
Rooflechicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2008, 05:59   #33
Julius
Huh?

Quote:

Mal is a BIG FAT ANXIOUS PARANOID INCONTINENT LIAR.

Quote:

Old 13th February 2008, 09:08   #34
bigdaddy
McDonalds has STEAK on ANY breakfast sandwich!

bigdaddy is shaken, not stirredbigdaddy is shaken, not stirred

Quote:
What if you was to swing a dead cat?

Or, chucked a handfull of corn?
bigdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2008, 10:48   #36
DieHippy

DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maladjusted
I believe the Army and Air Force have adopted similar rules.

Where are those links?
Old 13th February 2008, 10:50   #37
DieHippy

Oh and the air force doesn't really count. they're like an extension of the DoD civilian workforce.
Old 13th February 2008, 10:54   #38
maladjusted
Hellappotamus

Quote:
Where are those links?

THe last one I posted mentions AF rules about not drinking, eating, smoking or cell phoning while walking in AF uniform.

I can't find anything about Army or AF rules specifically, so maybe it's just the Marines, or maybe the AF and others are taking a cue from the Marines and enforcing their existing rules.

When were you discharged? THis is pretty recent stuff I think.
Old 13th February 2008, 10:56   #39
maladjusted
Hellappotamus

Quote:
Oh and the air force doesn't really count. they're like an extension of the DoD civilian workforce.

DoD civilians fly F-16s now?

Hill has a lot of civilian contractor types. Guy next door is some sort of maintenance dude I don't think even wears a uniform (I never see him in one), but the guy a couple doors down I see in cammies going to and from.

Here - please read cover to cover

http://www.e-publishing.af.mil/share...afi36-2903.pdf
Old 13th February 2008, 11:05   #40
DieHippy

Quote:
When were you discharged? THis is pretty recent stuff I think.

Dec 06.

Quote:
DoD civilians fly F-16s now?

It was a joke about fat air force faggos with hands in their pockets and long hair. You wouldn't understand. Also the navy flies more planes than the air force. The idea was brought up recently in congress to eliminate the air force. They really are just a massive consumer of defense spending compared to what they actually offer.