Gianni's Bar and Grille. Guns and shit. And Bourbon. And occasional side boob  

Go Back   Gianni's Bar and Grille. Guns and shit. And Bourbon. And occasional side boob > Honeycomb Hideout > The Lt. Allen Swanson Project
Victim Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 16th April 2009, 12:21   #1
taco
don't tax me bro

taco has caught teh ghey
JP Morgan: Fuck this, take your monies back please

April 16 (Bloomberg) -- JPMorgan Chase & Co. Chief Executive Officer Jamie Dimon, who today reported first-quarter profit that beat analysts’ expectations, said his firm could repay U.S. government rescue funds “tomorrow.”

Dimon, calling money received through the Troubled Asset Relief Program “a scarlet letter” and “the TARP baby,” said on a conference call today that the New York-based bank is awaiting guidance from the U.S. Treasury Department. “We could pay it back tomorrow,” he said.

The 53-year-old CEO took $25 billion in U.S. government rescue funds last year. He’s fared better than most of his rivals in guiding the company through the financial crisis, taking $33.3 billion in writedowns, losses and credit provisions through the fourth quarter. That compares with $88.3 billion at New York-based Citigroup Inc. and $55.9 billion at Merrill Lynch & Co., now part of Bank of America Corp., the biggest U.S. bank.

Dimon said the bank, which bought about $34 billion in mortgage-backed and asset-backed securities in the quarter, doesn’t expect to participate as either a buyer or seller in the Treasury’s Public-Private Investment Program, known as PPIP. “We learned our lesson” about borrowing from the government, said Dimon, who expects PPIP to benefit the financial system as a whole.
taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2009, 12:24   #2
Phix
       Cheesus

Phix has caught teh ghey
Re: JP Morgan: Fuck this, take your monies back please

A local bank here (Canadaigua "National" Bank) returned their funds already too.

I guess that bailout needed "OMFG IMMEDIATE ACTION OR ELSE!!!!" when most of that original bank bailout hasn't even been spent yet! I'm sure Community Organizer Obama will find someone to take the money.
Old 16th April 2009, 12:36   #3
taco
don't tax me bro

taco has caught teh ghey

ACORN and octomom
taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2009, 13:39   #4
Just_call_me_Q
BEEFCAKE!!!!!!

Just_call_me_Q is a fatty! Look the fuck out!

I was reading somewhere that Acorn got like 2 billion of the stimulus funds.
Just_call_me_Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2009, 13:40   #5
IlDente
cumstain
I'm *this* close to silently protesting.

IlDente has caught teh ghey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_call_me_Q
I was reading somewhere that Acorn got like 2 billion of the stimulus funds.

Newsmax?
IlDente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2009, 13:41   #6
IlDente
cumstain

Most of the big boys were forced to take the TARP money.

See thread: Nice Bank You Got There
Old 25th April 2009, 02:18   #7
phxhawk
Administrator

phxhawk has caught teh ghey

Long but excellent read

phxhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 09:34   #8
IlDente
cumstain

E-mails Show Banks Pressured Into Taking Bailout Money

by AVI KLEIN

The Bush administration told major banks that it had no choice but to sign up for its financial industry bailout program, according to documents released this week by a judicial oversight group.

In a set of talking points from a meeting with banking executives on Oct. 13, former Treasury Secretary Henry M. Paulson Jr. told them that the government did not believe that their balance sheets could remain viable without a capital infusion and that, if they refused, "your regulator will require it in any circumstance."

Whether or not banks were forced into the Troubled Asset Relief Program has been an outstanding question since the $700 billion bailout effort began. The talking points, which were released in response to a Freedom of Information Act request by the conservative watchdog group Judicial Watch, are the first evidence that Treasury leaned on the banks to participate.

"These documents show our government exercising unrestrained power over the private sector," said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton in a statement accompanying the released documents.

The Treasury Department initially resisted releasing details of the October meeting, Judicial Watch said. Although it eventually relented, suggested edits of the talking points by Timothy F. Geithner, at the time the president of the New York Fed Reserve Bank, were withheld. Geithner now serves as treasury secretary.

Judicial Watch also released e-mails showing Bush administration officials scrambling to repair the damaged financial sector while at the same time struggling with the public relations aspects of handing over billions of dollars to the same financial institutions responsible for the meltdown.

On the day of the meeting with the nine largest financial institutions, for instance, James R. Wilkinson, the chief of staff for the Treasury Department, e-mailed staffers to ask "who the Big 9 are? What are the specific companies?"

According to Judicial Watch, the banks represented at the meeting were Citigroup Inc., JP Morgan Chase & Co., Wells Fargo & Co., Merrill Lynch & Co., Inc., Morgan Stanley, The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., The Bank of New York, and State Street Corp.

That same day, another e-mail exchange shows Treasury officials wondering if the Secret Service can close off a sidewalk outside the meeting to help the banking officials evade a group of cameramen outside.

The released e-mails also show how attentive the White House was in keeping both presidential candidates informed of the ongoing bailout efforts. A message from Wilkinson that evening to White House staff shows that the government had succeeding in briefing Barack Obama on the meeting but had failed to connect with John McCain.

published May 14, 2009, 0 Comments
Old 19th May 2009, 09:38   #9
IlDente
cumstain

if they refused, "your regulator will require it in any circumstance."

This was Bushy's boy. Anyone still think Republicans are different?
Old 20th May 2009, 06:14   #10
Stiffy
Optimus lame.

Stiffy is an amazingly feathered fowlStiffy is an amazingly feathered fowlStiffy is an amazingly feathered fowlStiffy is an amazingly feathered fowlStiffy is an amazingly feathered fowlStiffy is an amazingly feathered fowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlDente
This was Bushy's boy. Anyone still think Republicans are different?

Of course they're different. They would've given $2 billion to a church instead of ACORN.