Gianni's Bar and Grille. Guns and shit. And Bourbon. And occasional side boob  

Go Back   Gianni's Bar and Grille. Guns and shit. And Bourbon. And occasional side boob > Honeycomb Hideout > The Lt. Allen Swanson Project
Victim Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 21st January 2008, 19:33   #1
AnimalChin
DRINK CHEERWINE

AnimalChin has potential, we're not sure what forAnimalChin has potential, we're not sure what forAnimalChin has potential, we're not sure what forAnimalChin has potential, we're not sure what for
AK-47 ASSAULT RIFLE!

hey a buddy of mine is a history guy and he's real into russian history in particular

he wants to get an authentic russian made ak-47 as a display piece only to hang on the wall. the barrel can be welded sut or whatever else it would take to render the gun inoperable and legal.

soooooo where can he get one and how much will it cost?

also what would it take to get one that actually works and then maybe he can disable later or whatever.
AnimalChin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2008, 19:38   #2
Rooflechicken
Hella gort maringa

Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.
Re: AK-47 ASSAULT RIFLE!

www.buyexcessguns.com - they practically give them away

In memory of Johnny

One life I'm gonna live it up
I'm takin' flight I said I'll never get enough
Stand tall I'm young and kinda proud
I'm on top as long as the music's loud
Rooflechicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2008, 22:07   #3
Julius
Huh?

Julius is Thunder From Down UnderJulius is Thunder From Down UnderJulius is Thunder From Down UnderJulius is Thunder From Down UnderJulius is Thunder From Down UnderJulius is Thunder From Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalChin

he wants to get an authentic russian made ak-47 as a display piece only to hang on the wall. the barrel can be welded sut or whatever else it would take to render the gun inoperable and legal.

...then maybe he can disable later or whatever.

WTF?

Everyone here has one of those behind there front door to deter the Romneys of the world. You guys have strict laws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHippy
Not near as bad as jewliusses assplosion

Julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2008, 09:13   #4
maladjusted
Hellappotamus

maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalChin
hey a buddy of mine is gay

I'm not into AKs.

The only way he can get one is if it's already de-commissioned and even then I'm not sure.

It's all tied into the stupid fucking laws.

Now he could easily get a knockoff POS that looks like an AK-47 at Big 5 for $100 but it won't be a real AK-47 and since he's history fagg0rt that might matter.

But I'd rather have a trunk full of operational fake semi-autos than a single non-functional used to at one time be a real AK-47 on my fucking wall.

What kind of a cocksucker uses a non-functional rifle for decoration?

Tell him to fuck off.
maladjusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2008, 09:49   #5
bigdaddy
McDonalds has STEAK on ANY breakfast sandwich!

bigdaddy is shaken, not stirredbigdaddy is shaken, not stirred

Why does it have to be Russian made? I mean the AK has been produced in eastern block countries by the millions - and for years - all under the same basic Kalisnokov design. The least expensive of these is the Romanian-made WASR10, which you can generally buy new (with 2 magazines, a sling and an oil can) for around $400. I've got one that I bought from a TX DOT inspector, lightly used, for $300 (plus $70 for an aftermarket side-folding but stock and $30 for an AKM74 flash hider). The thing is deadly accurate and a blast (pun intended - it's fucking loud) to shoot.

Note: This isn't my actual gun (or sofa), but like black people, they all look the same.

Also, IMO, if you're going to own an AK, why not have one that works. He can still have it empty and hanging on the wall, but when a couple drunk-addicted niggers try to kick in his front door, he can quickly slam in a magazine of 30 hollow points and point out they picked the wrong house.

A real Russian made AK in semi automatic configuration, is going to run over a thousand dollar. If it's in good shape, that price can easily double. I've never seen anyone selling decommissioned Russian Arks. In any event, this guy has a gun store in Fort Worth and he specializes in any and all manner of imported military rifles. Good luck...

Military Gun Supply

His shop is only about 20 minutes from my office, so if you want me to go by and look at something - even take a picture or two for you (assuming he's OK with that) - let me know, I'd be happy to do so....
bigdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2008, 10:13   #6
AnimalChin
DRINK CHEERWINE

AnimalChin has potential, we're not sure what forAnimalChin has potential, we're not sure what forAnimalChin has potential, we're not sure what forAnimalChin has potential, we're not sure what for

thanks for the help
Old 22nd January 2008, 10:49   #7
binky_snoosh
The Whale Whisperer
.binky
I'm *this* close to silently protesting.

binky_snoosh has caught teh ghey

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy
The thing is deadly accurate

no they aren't. I've seen all the Rambo movies... those things can't hit shit!
Old 22nd January 2008, 11:58   #8
maladjusted
Hellappotamus

maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.

Quote:
A real Russian made AK in semi automatic configuration, is going to run over a thousand dollar.

And it wouldn't be worth collecting because it's just some new piece of shit and not a real AK-47 which was my fucking point.

Shorty, tell your ghey friend to shove this idea up his ass right now.
Old 22nd January 2008, 12:06   #9
Stiffy
Optimus lame.

Stiffy is an amazingly feathered fowlStiffy is an amazingly feathered fowlStiffy is an amazingly feathered fowlStiffy is an amazingly feathered fowlStiffy is an amazingly feathered fowlStiffy is an amazingly feathered fowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by binky_snoosh
no they aren't. I've seen all the Rambo movies... those things can't hit shit!

lolz
Old 22nd January 2008, 12:24   #10
bigdaddy

The other thing your buddy needs to know is ALL of these imported guns fall under US regulations requiring a minimum number of US-made parts (and other shit that is too confusing and complicated to get into). Doing a quick search on gunbroker.com turned up this AK based on a US made receiver and built with Russian-made parts.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...?Item=89575016

Nice gun, I really like the cherry finished stocks (which I;ve seen more on Russian guns) when they're in good shape. The shop at my range had one about like this for many dollars more (something like $1200) and it sat there for a LONG time. I think most AK enthusiasts know they can get a Polish or Yugoslavian made under-folder with forged receiver (vs. the cheaper stamped receiver on that WASR) for under $600, so why pay more for same quality, but different country of origin?
Old 22nd January 2008, 13:07   #11
maladjusted
Hellappotamus

Good thing we have all these laws to keep Shorty's ghey friend from hanging an old rifle on his wall.
Old 22nd January 2008, 13:17   #12
Rooflechicken
Hella gort maringa

Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.

its for his own protection

In memory of Johnny

One life I'm gonna live it up
I'm takin' flight I said I'll never get enough
Stand tall I'm young and kinda proud
I'm on top as long as the music's loud
Rooflechicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2008, 07:36   #13
bologna.com
Retard

bologna.com has caught teh ghey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooflechicken
its for his own protection

Old 23rd January 2008, 08:37   #14
bigdaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by maladjusted
Good thing we have all these laws to keep Shorty's ghey friend from hanging an old rifle on his wall.

Dude, you;re being hard on this guy. We all come around to being firearms enthusiasts thru different avenues. If AC's friend is thinking about hanging an AK on his wall, he's thinking about how cool it would be to shoot one too (just not admitting it). If he were hanging a plastic airsorft replica on the wall I'd call his gay. The real deal (even if he makes the mistake of buying an inert version first) is OK with me...
Old 23rd January 2008, 09:03   #15
Stiffy
Optimus lame.

Stiffy is an amazingly feathered fowlStiffy is an amazingly feathered fowlStiffy is an amazingly feathered fowlStiffy is an amazingly feathered fowlStiffy is an amazingly feathered fowlStiffy is an amazingly feathered fowl

Quote:
Dude, you;re being hard on this guy. We all come around to being firearms enthusiasts thru different avenues. If AC's friend is thinking about hanging an AK on his wall, he's thinking about how cool it would be to shoot one too (just not admitting it). If he were hanging a plastic airsorft replica on the wall I'd call his gay. The real deal (even if he makes the mistake of buying an inert version first) is OK with me...

Go have a soy nut crunch latte you fag.
Old 23rd January 2008, 09:09   #16
bigdaddy

I don't do soy, Stiff, and if you come in my yard talking that shit, you'll get a double tap of 7.62x39 JHP in your immense forehead...
Old 23rd January 2008, 09:19   #17
sandman
Upon us all a little rain must fall.

sandman is a fagg0t

srsly, you've got to be some kind of oddball to want to hang a FAKE AK-47 (or real one, for that matter) on your wall.

I guess if you put some type of dried flower-plant thingy arrangement next to it that would be o.k.
sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2008, 09:49   #18
AnimalChin
DRINK CHEERWINE

first of all, he does want to shoot.

second, i'll try and explain his desire to own an unusable firearm (he would love one that worked, but figured it would be easier (legal) and cheaper (not functioning) to get one) but you assholes are such dickheads it won't even matter.

the ak47 is one of the most important firearms in the history of the world, for many reasons, and i'm pretty sure most of you would agree.

1. it was super easy to produce.
2. performance ratings are off the charts, even by many of todays standards. soak it underwater, bury it in mud and sand and chances are the thing would still fire with what i understand is a lot of stopping power - at least for it's day (didn't they use these to take down helipcopters?) i do understand that accuracy isn't top-notch, but a 30 round mag often helped with this issue

3. this weapon was mass produced all over the world and sold cheaply by the russians as a TOOL to promote the spread of communism. there's a country somewhere in africa that has it on their flag. it's more than just a weapon.

4. it's not just a firearm, it's a symbol. an icon of revolution, government, strugle, and ingenuity.

4.5 it's been used for fucking ever for a reason. the weapon is prolific.

5. my friend being fascinated with russian history and particularly their various systems of government (including communism) realized that the ak47 pretty much represented a great deal of russian and communism history, therefore make the ultimate symbol of what he studies and will lead in a career in. he'll be going to chapel hill in the fall to study russian history, to become a russian professor. this is why he wants an authentic origianl russian-built ak47. a cheaper chinese/korean/whatever knockoff defeats the purpose.

6. he never really liked guns, until recently when i started talking about them and making him watch the discovery military channel. we're both going to the gun range soon to learn how to shoot (properly). neither of us have much experience with guns (i've shot a bunch but i don't think he's ever shot one). shame on us for being raised around people that aren't into firearms, i guess.

make all the fun you want, i don't mind. i find it a little humorous (but mainly sad) that me and my friend want to get into firearms and then you bash us for it.
"hey you guys are really into and me and a friend are thinking about getting into can you help?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobigtoe
"YOU ARE FAEGS BLAH BLAH STUPID BLAH BLAH WHY BOTHER HURR HURR FAGGOTS"

again i understand that from your perspective that obtaining an inoperable firearm is pointless, but there's more than one reason to own a gun.

side rant:

stop complaining about the lack of posters here. fucking stop it right now. the second a new person arrives, you all turn into etra-large, super-assholes, even dickier than usual, and end up turning them away. then the very next minute you complain about a lack of people on our boards. on top of that, you berate all the people that were here enough to make them want to leave.

fact is the only reason i came back was that now i don't really give a shit. i sift through all the bullshit posts and get right to the good stuff, what little is left of it. i left because i used to really like and respect this place and the people who posted here and the friends i've made, but you've all turned it into a giant festival of poop.

the sad part is, is that most of you are pretty intelligent folks, but obviously dumb enough to continue this behavior. it's hypocritical and it's really pathetic.

i understand that this is a tight-knit community and we all make fun of each other which is awesome, but when someone new shows up how about cutting them some slack and letting them get acquainted. to see an example of this, compare everyone's behavior to DB when he showed up and started posting to how i behaved toward him. i think BD would agree he got better treatment from me and i noticed that after i made a few posts in his threads he really lightened up and started posting not only a lot more, but posting what we old-schoolers here at the toe would consider better quality.

anyway thanks for the gun info and i'll pass it on to him.
Old 23rd January 2008, 09:54   #19
maladjusted
Hellappotamus

Tito. Tito, get me a tissue.
Old 23rd January 2008, 09:59   #20
maladjusted
Hellappotamus

Shorty I answered your question for real right up front then I busted your balls. If you are having an extra heavy flow or something, maybe that's why you're taking this all so personally but you seriously need to apply some skin thickener if you think any of this was mean spirited.

Your friend's idea is a non-starter because the laws are stupid. That's a shame, but that's the facts. He can get a knock off, but since he knows and is interested in the history of the real deal, I doubt that's worth a fuck to him, and nobody puts an SKS on the wall. Of course I told you that top of the fucking thread but you're playing the fucking victim for some reason.