Gianni's Bar and Grille. Guns and shit. And Bourbon. And occasional side boob  

Go Back   Gianni's Bar and Grille. Guns and shit. And Bourbon. And occasional side boob > Honeycomb Hideout > The Lt. Allen Swanson Project
Victim Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 28th February 2008, 15:16   #1
maladjusted
Hellappotamus

maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.
I miss my dogs.

It really sucks.

Somebody at my office got a puppy and it's bothering me.

Maybe it's because I've got a little cabin fever type shit going on- it's been lousy motorcycle weather and it gets dark early and doesn't get light until late so I'm home more than usual. I don't mind rain but we've still got piles of melting snow all over, and they cause icy spots in the road overnight and ice + bike = suck. Nearly done with winter bike wrenching projects.

Right now it sucks because there's no dogs at my house. When I have more stuff going on it's OK not having dogs because nothing to take care of is nice - no worries about what to do with them when not home, or finding a hotel I can take them to.

But not having any pets, after having had one pet or another since I was about 8 is weird. I actually looked through the classifieds online and that sucked ass because there's a shitload of dogs in there being given away by fucking assholes for no good reason - because they got a dog without thinking about it being a commitment. I want to go get some dogs but then I remember how bad it sucks when they die, and that it's cool not being tied to them.

If you could invent a dog stasis machine - like those things in Alien that put you into hibernation, that would be the best. I'd have about 10 dogs then, and when I went on a trip they'd just sleep for a week or whatever and then I could have them around when we're home and not worry about it when we're not.
maladjusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2008, 15:20   #2
Stiffy
Optimus lame.
I'm *this* close to silently protesting.

Stiffy is an amazingly feathered fowlStiffy is an amazingly feathered fowlStiffy is an amazingly feathered fowlStiffy is an amazingly feathered fowlStiffy is an amazingly feathered fowlStiffy is an amazingly feathered fowl
Re: I miss my dogs.

Go get a dog you fucking pussy. You're being cruel by allowing them to remain in the possession of assholes who don't properly care for them.
Old 28th February 2008, 15:22   #3
Phix
       Cheesus

Phix has caught teh ghey

Quote:
Originally Posted by maladjusted
It really sucks.

Somebody at my office got a puppy and it's bothering me.

Maybe it's because I've got a little cabin fever type shit going on- it's been lousy motorcycle weather and it gets dark early and doesn't get light until late so I'm home more than usual. I don't mind rain but we've still got piles of melting snow all over, and they cause icy spots in the road overnight and ice + bike = suck. Nearly done with winter bike wrenching projects.

Right now it sucks because there's no dogs at my house. When I have more stuff going on it's OK not having dogs because nothing to take care of is nice - no worries about what to do with them when not home, or finding a hotel I can take them to.

But not having any pets, after having had one pet or another since I was about 8 is weird. I actually looked through the classifieds online and that sucked ass because there's a shitload of dogs in there being given away by fucking assholes for no good reason - because they got a dog without thinking about it being a commitment. I want to go get some dogs but then I remember how bad it sucks when they die, and that it's cool not being tied to them.

If you could invent a dog stasis machine - like those things in Alien that put you into hibernation, that would be the best. I'd have about 10 dogs then, and when I went on a trip they'd just sleep for a week or whatever and then I could have them around when we're home and not worry about it when we're not.

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/science/2005-08-03-dog-clone_x.htm

Clone your dog just before it dies.

Also: In the US, we clone cattle. In Korea, they clone dogs.
Phix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2008, 17:40   #4
Soulslayer

Soulslayer has caught teh ghey

a soft spot in mal...whoulda thunk it.

BUT

if you're feeling like something is missing, it's a sign that you're ready to move on.
it is terrible to lose a pet. they become closer than some family members.

make some good from this. find a shelter near you, and go get a dog. get 3 or 4 if you want and you can provide them with what they need.

there's a no-kill shelter down the road from me. they foster the dogs, and when someone comes to adopt, they make them hang out with the dogs 3 or 4 times until they find the one that's a good fit for them. If there's something in your area like that, go check it out. take a bag of treats, play with the dogs for a while...one will jump out at you.

you won't find a pet to replace the ones you lost, but you'll be giving another animal a shot at having a great life with someone that loves it.

Soulslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2008, 17:54   #5
bigdaddy
McDonalds has STEAK on ANY breakfast sandwich!

bigdaddy is shaken, not stirredbigdaddy is shaken, not stirred

Ditto on the go get a dog comment. Dude, you're a dog guy. You're not having kids, so you need some pets. The it sucks when they die issue should not be a deal breaker. Of course it sucks, but look at how much fun you have with them before all that.

SIDE BAR: Mitch Hedberg did a deal about drinking wine. I'll no doubt butcher it, but he said everybody always asked him why he drank so much wine when he knows he was only going to have a hang over the next day. He said that's like asking why he would eat an apple when you knows tomorrow all he'll have is a core.

On second thought, go get 2 dogs. They will enjoy there time together and you;ll have double the fun. Post dog picks when you get them and PLEASE let us name them for you....
bigdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2008, 18:12   #6
maladjusted
Hellappotamus

maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulslayer
a soft spot in mal...whoulda thunk it.

*fat is soft joke*
Old 28th February 2008, 18:14   #7
maladjusted
Hellappotamus

I'm not doing anything this serious because I miss my dogs bad today.

I need to go on that (stupid fucking) cruise and get back and get into summer routine and we'll see.

But if I get another dog I'm getting at least 2 dogs because with us being out of the house during the day 2 works way better, and the house is set up for the dogs to have in / out access to the yard and part of the climate controlled house which is mandatory here with hot and cold extremes.
Old 28th February 2008, 20:59   #8
Rooflechicken
Hella gort maringa

Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.

my dog has outlasted some shit. My kid is gonna be a wreck when he dies. Good thing is I just heard both my dogs parents are still alive at 15 so he's probably going to be around for a bit. Mal, you can come visit my dog if it helps. He'll probably even eat the cheetos out of your fat rolls like last time, again.

In memory of Johnny

One life I'm gonna live it up
I'm takin' flight I said I'll never get enough
Stand tall I'm young and kinda proud
I'm on top as long as the music's loud
Rooflechicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2008, 21:02   #9
DieHippy
Hella Bolognafried Warrior

DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.

I just had to pay $180 to board the dogs for a week. They're still worth it.
DieHippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2008, 21:17   #10
Soulslayer

Soulslayer has caught teh ghey

Quote:
I'm not doing anything this serious because I miss my dogs bad today.

and that right there tells me that the dogs you do get will have an outstanding life. it's not right to just run out and replace pets like light bulbs. they have to fit with their owners and the good owners treat them like a member of the family.

that's why I said go out and visit with some shelter dogs for a while. get to know them, let them get to know you. I can't do that...I'd want to bring them all home with me and mrss would have a heart attack.

Soulslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2008, 21:39   #11
bigdaddy
McDonalds has STEAK on ANY breakfast sandwich!

bigdaddy is shaken, not stirredbigdaddy is shaken, not stirred

Don't mean to be a downer, Mal, but remember when you told me our little Zippy dog will let us know "when it's time"? Well, I hope we're wrong, but it looks like that time may be very soon. Long story short, she needed a hair cut bad and we couldn't take her to the groomer because her vaccinations were stopped when the cancer/pain meds were started. About a week and a half ago we hired one of them drive-to-your house doggy deals and she ended up catch either kennel cough or a respiratory infect of some sort (at least that's what the vet thinks). In the last week we've spent $500 on vet bills and a night in their "hospital". As I type this, she's in her normal night spot, sitting on the right arm of "my" chair. She's very weak and very frail, has labored breathing and perpetual shakes. I'll spend another $500 next week if it means we get some more time with her. It's WORTH IT. FUCK, now I'm getting torn up just typing this and she just crawled over on my plentiful belly.

Dude, GO get your dogs. No reason to wait and nothing wrong with leaving puppies in a kennel while you sip fruity drinks and get your man breasts tan. I actually think if you get them used to kennel stays, when they are young, it's less traumatic when their grown. You need some good puppy dogs...
bigdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2008, 10:38   #12
maladjusted
Hellappotamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHippy
I just had to pay $180 to board the dogs for a week. They're still worth it.

That's pretty cheap. Last kennel I used was $40/day

I've never had a dog that didn't fucking hate going to a kennel- even the one with the heated / cooled floors and shit. I usually find a licensed, bonded, referenced in home pet sitter service. They come out to your house, play with your dog in its own yard, check on shit, feed it, etc.

I only had that go bad one time - woman we had used several times, who the dogs liked - she had a medical problem and ended up in the ER. Her emergency backup flaked. We always called her when we were gone and she'd act hurt/ insulted that we'd check up - well, this time we were only gone for 2 days / one night so we didn't - got home to two very hungry dogs.

They had all the water they needed (there's a lesson- water thing with big ass reservoir or hooked to hose am good) but they weren't happy about not being fed for a couple of days. That's not a big deal for dogs health wise, but probably a big deal comfort wise for two spoiled dogs.
Old 29th February 2008, 10:40   #13
maladjusted
Hellappotamus

BD that sucks. I guess at least if it is time you've got advance notice. The last two dogs I've had go didn't give me any warning so there wasn't time to take them out for a last ice cream cone or anything, which may be just as well.

People would see me tearing up giving the dog an ice cream and figure I was sad because I wasn't eating it ZING FAT JOKE OUT OF NOWHERE.
Old 29th February 2008, 10:57   #14
DieHippy

DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.

Quote:
That's pretty cheap. Last kennel I used was $40/day

I've never had a dog that didn't fucking hate going to a kennel- even the one with the heated / cooled floors and shit. I usually find a licensed, bonded, referenced in home pet sitter service. They come out to your house, play with your dog in its own yard, check on shit, feed it, etc.

I found a nice lady dog lover that built a kennel out in the country next her house. She only has about 10 pens and the dogs get to play out in a huge yard and go for walks. I didn't tell her anything about my hyper dog and how he loves to play fetch and frisbee, and when I came back she was like OMG did you know your dog loves frisbee and fetching a ball? She passed the test.
Old 29th February 2008, 11:04   #15
Phix
       Cheesus

Phix has caught teh ghey

If we don't drop off my dogs with relatives, we use a local "Dog Daycare" for boarding. It's run by an old hippie couple. They let the dogs run in packs all day on a 2 acre fenced in lot, and all the dogs sleep all together at night, no cages. Our dog seems to love it there. Maybe they give her homemade hash-biscuits.

$37 a night. Worth it.
Old 29th February 2008, 11:24   #16
maladjusted
Hellappotamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHippy
OMG did you know your dog loves frisbee and fetching a ball? She passed the test.

Maggie would fetch like nobody's business until she was about 13, then she'd chase down a frisbee maybe 3 times and be done. One dog sitter when she was about 12 kept chucking it for her and she kept going after it and we got home and she was all gimpy and we had to give her Rimadyl - forgot to tell the sitter 30 minutes max because she had a shoulder that would get sore...

Sweetpea would sit there and let a (soft beanbag rim style) frisbee bonk her on the head. Nobody ever taught her to fetch and I didn't get her until she was over 2, at which point she didn't give a shit.

She would chase Maggie, who was chasing the frisbee, and then when Maggie brought it back Sweetpea would take it from her and bring it the rest of the way.

Dog frisbee relay. HIT THE CUTOFF DOG!
Old 29th February 2008, 13:43   #17
DieHippy

yer gonna buy a dog tomorrow
Old 29th February 2008, 13:48   #18
sandman
Upon us all a little rain must fall.

sandman is a fagg0t

I've got two golden retrievers.

The oldest one is 10 year old (male) and he's slowed down quite a bit. We bought a golden female pup about two years ago to keep him from getting lazy. He puts up with the youngster but he's not all that fond of her.

They are family members. I'm not looking forward to the oldest one departing. He's my shadow.

Go get a dog. Today.

or this weekend.
sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2008, 14:08   #19
DieHippy

Old 29th February 2008, 14:10   #20
Phix
       Cheesus

Phix has caught teh ghey

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Zhalla_Pitbull_Lab_Mix_10.jpg (348.4 KB, 33 views)