Gianni's Bar and Grille. Guns and shit. And Bourbon. And occasional side boob  

Go Back   Gianni's Bar and Grille. Guns and shit. And Bourbon. And occasional side boob > Honeycomb Hideout > The Lt. Allen Swanson Project
Victim Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 22nd June 2011, 08:53   #1
LordOfTheShrooms
I'm *this* close to silently protesting.

LordOfTheShrooms has caught teh ghey
Random shit thread

To placate teh copper and add posts around here, I'm making this thread to post random shit that is probably of no consequence, or at best, isn't interesting enough to merit its own thread.

I'm sure Hondo's intent was for substantiave posts, but since I don't have anything worthwhile to say right now (or ever, for that matter) this is the best I can do.

Always and inevitably everyone underestimates the number of stupid individuals in circulation.
LordOfTheShrooms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 08:59   #2
LordOfTheShrooms

Re: Random shit thread

I play a game called Minecraft. It's pretty neat. Worlds are randomly generated and you can mine shit and make shit (or cheat and avoid the pesky mining part).

There's also this shit that acts like wire and people make cool shit with it. Using different logic gates, people have made primative computers (read: calculators).

You can also make music.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg biodome3.jpg (144.4 KB, 40 views)

Always and inevitably everyone underestimates the number of stupid individuals in circulation.
Old 22nd June 2011, 09:01   #3
LordOfTheShrooms

Oh yeah, and you can blow shit the fuck up too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MCTNTBefore.jpg (70.8 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg MCTNTAfter.jpg (111.5 KB, 43 views)

Old 22nd June 2011, 09:02   #4
LordOfTheShrooms

A brief history of Nintendo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nintendo.jpg (68.9 KB, 42 views)

Old 22nd June 2011, 09:20   #5
LordOfTheShrooms

If that wasn't all boring enough already, here's some economics:

Here I will briefly explain why deflation is a good thing when you have a sound currency (read: commodity backed), despite what mainstream economists will tell you. I'm skipping over all the reasons why commodity backed currency is always preferable to a fiat currency because that post will take longer and my attention span won't hold for that long right now. I'll probably wind up showing one or two reasons for this in the explanation of deflation though.

With a commodity backed currency, the supply of money remains relatively constant over time (after all, the government can't just conjure up additional gold). The number of products in an economic system grows over time. This means that the same amount of money is chasing more products, thereby decreasing the supply of money relative to products available. The net outcome is that the same amount of money is more valuable and as such, will buy more stuff.

Imagine that the economy has a total of $10 that is going to be spent and there are 2 products available. The equilibrium price set is $5 per item (or some variation that still adds up to $10). But now let's imagine that a new widget has just been put on the market and there are now 3 products available. The equilibrium price has now gone down to $3.33 per item. The same $10 dollars has now gained you 3 items instead of 2.

Yet somehow, this standard of living increase is labeled as destructive.

Old 22nd June 2011, 09:25   #6
LordOfTheShrooms

It amazes me that people are chomping at the bit to get in on the Groupon IPO. It's like the 90's taught them nothing.

Old 22nd June 2011, 09:30   #7
LordOfTheShrooms

Speaking of stocks, they're down a bit this morning while waiting to hear what Bernake is going to say about the economy. Why anyone listens to that asshat is beyond me. He's just another retard that thinks you can spend your way out of recession. It's like taking water out of the deep end of the pool, pouring it the shallow end, and expecting the water level to rise.

It also blows my mind that economists will tell you in one breath that central planning doesn't work, but in the next sentence will go on about how the Federal Reserve is important and neccesary, either being oblivious to, or ignoring the fact that it is a central planning agency.

Old 22nd June 2011, 09:35   #8
LordOfTheShrooms

Here, look at some lizards.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg anoles.jpg (132.8 KB, 43 views)

Old 22nd June 2011, 09:50   #9
Hondo
I'll knock your chicklets hella the fuck out

Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.

Hmmmm...lizards have niggars too

Power corrupts.
Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
But it rocks absolutely, too

Hondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 10:02   #10
LordOfTheShrooms

juans

Old 22nd June 2011, 10:28   #11
Hondo
I'll knock your chicklets hella the fuck out

Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.

June always sucks for the market...just even more so now. I still think there is a new crash looming...the employment and housing mess will see to it.

Power corrupts.
Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
But it rocks absolutely, too

Hondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 12:06   #12
LordOfTheShrooms

It's inevitable.

This is the inherent problem with fucking around with the money supply. Healthy borrowing can only come from real savings. The function interest rates serve is to coordinate production across time. When people save money, it's implicit that they intend to consume in the future. The increase in savings provides a increase in loanable funds, which drives interest rates downward. This acts as a signal the businesses to invest in long term projects to meet the future demand. When people are saving less, they're obviously consuming more now, and interest rates will be higher as a result of the lower supply of loanable funds. Businesses react by concentrating on short term projects to meet current demand. Additionally, the long term projects wouldn't be profitable at higher interest rates.

When a central bank artificially lowers interest rates (fractional reserves also contribute heavily to this, and were largely responsible for the market crashes before the Federal Reserve), it mucks up the process. Businesses invest in long term projects to meet future demand, even though consumers have given no indication that they want to stop consuming in the present and save to consume in the future. The bubble pops when it becomes apparent that there aren't enough resources or demand for adequately support all of the long term projects undertaken by businesses in response to low interest rates.

Worse yet is that some people invariably realize that the interest rates don't match up with consumer desires, but undertake long term projects anyway because they have to, since their competition certainly is. Or even worse, in the case of large corporations, they undertake the long term projects because they know they'll get bailed out by the government if things go south.

It irritates me when people like Alex Jones go on and on about the Federal Reserve and their sinister motives. It doesn't even matter if any of what he's saying is true: it comes off as tinfoil hat bullshit and makes it difficult to have any rational discussion on the subject. Much more could be accomplished, I think, if it was attacked on purely economic grounds. If you talk about the "Bilderberg Group" or "foreign bankers" people are going to roll their eyes at you and tune you out. If you talk about the tldr crap I wrote above this paragraph, their eyes might gloss over because most people can't comprehend economics, even put in laymen terms as above, but you won't be disregarded as a moonbat, and the groundwork for real discussion and healthy criticism is layed.

Old 22nd June 2011, 13:16   #13
Rooflechicken
Hella gort maringa

Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.

tl/dr

In memory of Johnny

One life I'm gonna live it up
I'm takin' flight I said I'll never get enough
Stand tall I'm young and kinda proud
I'm on top as long as the music's loud
Rooflechicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 13:18   #14
Rooflechicken
Hella gort maringa

Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.

I spent 4 hours yesterday fucking around with figuring out a way to save $150 on an international cell phone bill for someone who is worth over $5 BILLION.

I bill at $95 an hour. Yeah.

In memory of Johnny

One life I'm gonna live it up
I'm takin' flight I said I'll never get enough
Stand tall I'm young and kinda proud
I'm on top as long as the music's loud
Rooflechicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2011, 12:11   #15
maladjusted
Hellappotamus

maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondo
Hmmmm...lizards have niggars too

Are you worried the lizard has a bigger dick than you?

We know his tongue is more capable.

Calling all racism police police.

maladjusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2011, 12:13   #16
maladjusted
Hellappotamus

maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooflechicken
I spent 4 hours yesterday fucking around with figuring out a way to save $150 on an international cell phone bill for someone who is worth over $5 BILLION.

I bill at $95 an hour. Yeah.

My billed rate is higher and also I get to keep
More but I bet the cost of living Balances it out before progeny and ex wife expenses are factored in.

Insert billed rate per hour by the pound joke

Old 24th June 2011, 06:25   #17
taco
don't tax me bro

taco has caught teh ghey

what the fucking fuck? you are still paying towards your ex?

You mongrels had no crotchfruit, why in fucking hell would you give her more money?
Old 24th June 2011, 08:31   #18
LordOfTheShrooms

Because he's a dummy and didn't realize that hitmen are cheaper than YAY DIVORCE! .

Old 24th June 2011, 08:36   #19
Stiffy
Optimus lame.

Stiffy is an amazingly feathered fowlStiffy is an amazingly feathered fowlStiffy is an amazingly feathered fowlStiffy is an amazingly feathered fowlStiffy is an amazingly feathered fowlStiffy is an amazingly feathered fowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfTheShrooms
Because he's a dummy and got married.

phixed it
Old 24th June 2011, 09:01   #20
maladjusted
Hellappotamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco
what the fucking fuck? you are still paying towards your ex?

You mongrels had no crotchfruit, why in fucking hell would you give her more money?

Lolz. Not me, him. I don't know what he pays for shit so I assumed the worst

I don't pay a cent.