Gianni's Bar and Grille. Guns and shit. And Bourbon. And occasional side boob  

Go Back   Gianni's Bar and Grille. Guns and shit. And Bourbon. And occasional side boob > Honeycomb Hideout > The Lt. Allen Swanson Project
Victim Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 19th October 2005, 16:45   #1
taco
don't tax me bro

taco has caught teh ghey
Insurance questions

We use American family, who told me the reason they can sustain decent rates is because they will not insure homes/lifes/cars in disaster prone states like Cali, or anywhere in the southeast hurricane zone.

Are these hurricanes going to entirely fuckup insurance costs nationwide?

I was also told how back two years ago when pesacola was flattened again by a hurricane that the tricky insurance guys would look at a fubared roof and say, "hmm, 10 grand should do it and have people sign off any rights and accept 10 grand"

Hence, the massive amounts of blue tarp roofs still in pensacola because a roof costs more than 10 grand.

Just curious if we are set to get fucked by higher rates thanks to giant earth devouring hurricanes.
Old 19th October 2005, 17:16   #2
Hung0v3r

Re: Insurance questions

your rates are determined more by the stock market than anything else. If the market is kicking ass rates will hold because the insurance co's are making millions that way. When the market is sluggish then you gotta pay more. Also: the new orleans ordeal wont cause much of change because water that causes damage is only the insurers responsibility when the water comes from above. water coming from the ground, is well, nobody's problem but the insured
Old 19th October 2005, 17:33   #3
maladjusted

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco
We use American family, who told me the reason they can sustain decent rates is because they will not insure homes/lifes/cars in disaster prone states like Cali, or anywhere in the southeast hurricane zone.

Marketing bullshit. The people in the shithole zone just pay higher premiums.

Quote:

Are these hurricanes going to entirely fuckup insurance costs nationwide?

Yes, because it's a good excuse to raise rates. More importantly it will short staff lots of offices at the expense of service, which will end up costing more money, which will drive up your rates.

Quote:
I was also told how back two years ago when pesacola was flattened again by a hurricane that the tricky insurance guys would look at a fubared roof and say, "hmm, 10 grand should do it and have people sign off any rights and accept 10 grand"

Hence, the massive amounts of blue tarp roofs still in pensacola because a roof costs more than 10 grand.

Utter and complete bullshit. Things don't work that way. Bullshit internet/ urban legend. The FL insurance commish is also a prick and is out to fuck ins cos, so no way in hell. On a first party claim there is no release taken, it's not like a liability claim.

More likely there's not enough contractors or the insured is bogged down in some other bullshit caused by their own greed and lies.

Quote:

Just curious if we are set to get fucked by higher rates thanks to giant earth devouring hurricanes.

You are, but it shouldn't be too bad for people who don't live in hurricane prone areas, and as for people who do, fuck it, kill them.
Old 19th October 2005, 17:40   #4
taco
don't tax me bro

taco has caught teh ghey

Thank you for your insight.

My uncle who is finally considering leaving Pensacola was without power for 30 days, (lived on a generator) and 90% of his neighborhood lost roofs. It still looks like a jamaican shantytown down there still two years later.

What a fucking place to raise kids huh?
Old 19th October 2005, 17:49   #5
maladjusted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulslayer
insurance companies are scum. They wouldn't pay for my kitchen fiasco because of a little tiny clause about "seepage over a period of days, weeks months years...etc". Since the dishwasher "dripped" for more than 1 calendar day (by the adjusters determinations), he said "Pay you? WTF is that? You pay us, rememberer?"

fucktards.

You know goddamn well this is bullshit.

The repeated leakage and seepage exclusion has been to court eleventy times. Days is vague language and is thrown out, WEEKS is not. 2 weeks= WEEKS, hence 14 days is the critical time. EVERYBODY knows this is the case. No claims are denied because they leaked for 1 day.

If your dishwasher leaked for 14+ days, no coverage for you, and I don't care. I told you all this back then, too, so if you are the 1:1000 who really legitimately got screwed it was your own damn fault for not making them prove that your DW leaked for as long as they claimed. Or are you just blowing smoke and whining because you withdrew your claim, or you know the damn thing leaked for a year before you found it and reported it?

Besides, at the time you claimed it didn't exceed your deductible so why are you all pissy now?
Old 19th October 2005, 17:54   #6
maladjusted

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco
It still looks like a jamaican shantytown down there still two years later.

Which is why it's ridiculous that the FL commish was fining companies that hadn't paid all their claims yet-- there was nobody to do the work.

People were demanding the money for their roof repairs, but had nobody to hammer the nails and they STILL DON'T.

There's also some issues w/ the FL policies and what's storm or wind damage and what's hurricane damage IIRC, that could be another bog down issue, but it's not intentional lowball trickery..

Look into bad faith-- that's the theory that your instance company has to act in good faith on their part of the contract they have with you for 1st party coverage. Simply, they cannot just fuck you and walk away, for if they do, you get treble damages. Also, every state has codified unfair claims settlement practices, which a company would violate if they paid someone $10k for what they knew was a $20k claim (FIRST party, not third party-- I can fuck a third party in the peehole with a rusty meat mallet and nobody gives a shit)
Old 19th October 2005, 18:05   #7
maladjusted

Quote:
Listen here dammit, I'm not full of shit and I tried the insurance thing back then. This is not new news, just new to you.

You are full of shit. You said one day before, now it's since before you moved into the house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liar Onel
Since the dishwasher "dripped" for more than 1 calendar day (by the adjusters determinations), he said "Pay you? WTF is that?

Quote:
The adjuster said because it had been leaking UNDER the cabinet for an undetermined amount of time,...it had been leaking since probably before we bought the house (and was rightly fucked by the day we moved in anyway) he nixed it.

Undetermined? You know when you bought your house, don't you?

Sounds like it was clearly more than 14 days. Your policy is a contract and they are simply fulfilling their contractual obligation to you. It's not because they don't like you, it's because they don't owe you any money, and it's real simple if you just read the policy.

Quote:
Fuck, why am I telling you this anyway, you're sided with the enemy.

Not really. If anyone hates insurance companies, it's people who work for them. If someone I knew was really getting screwed I would (and have) go to bat for them. In this case, I agree with your insurance company. You had repeated leakage and or seepage that occurred over a period of more than 14 days, which is excluded. End of story. Now quit lying and making a fool of yourself about it.
Old 19th October 2005, 18:07   #8
maladjusted

Also, before you bring it up, Onel, NOTHING in a homeowner's insurance policy says a fucking thing about when your hillbilly ass noticed the leak. It doesn't matter when you figure it out, it matters when it happened, so don't even say "But we just noticed it"
Old 19th October 2005, 18:09   #9
Hondo
I'll knock your chicklets hella the fuck out

Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.

Quote:
But once he saw that it had been leaking since probably before we bought the house (and was rightly fucked by the day we moved in anyway) he nixed it.

This is why you get a home inspection by someone who knows what the fuck they're doing before you close.

Power corrupts.
Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
But it rocks absolutely, too

Hondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2005, 18:12   #10
Soulslayer
I'm *this* close to silently protesting.

Soulslayer has caught teh ghey

I'm deleting this shit. I'm not getting beat the fuck up over this shit. Fuck all of you.

And hondo, good for you. I'm genuinely happy, really.

Soulslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2005, 18:12   #11
Hondo
I'll knock your chicklets hella the fuck out

Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.

Actually he did. He spent more than four hours here before I bought it. That's why I hired him.

Power corrupts.
Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
But it rocks absolutely, too

Hondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2005, 18:25   #12
Hung0v3r

Quote:
I'm deleting this shit. I'm not getting beat the fuck up over this shit. Fuck all of you.

And hondo, good for you. I'm genuinely happy, really.

You are unstable imho
Old 19th October 2005, 18:37   #13
maladjusted

You're not getting off that easy, Onel.

You know I like you, but I disagree with you on this so don't act like you're getting picked on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onel
Hondo, did your home inspectors pull out all the appliances in the house?

Many home inspectors are a joke, and their contracts offer them total immunity from fucking up.

Some, like Hondo's guy, are good. A homeowner can also do alot themselves. A moisture meter would have revealed your leak, and you can buy one for $30-$100 yourself.

Quote:
And fuck you and your hillbilly ass comments Mal.

You have a guy riding an ATV in your yard. You = hillbilly. Sorry. I don't think any less of you for it, I like country folk.

Quote:
You're just as fucking crooked as the rest of them. You've been brainwashed like all the others. No is the only answer I guess.

That's hilarious. Why the hell am I back working for an independent? Because the company couldn't brainwash me. No is the only answer for your claim, but I would have sold you on it and had you licking my bag by the time I walked out.

You'd be sending me a belated birthday card right now even though I'd deny your claim.

Quote:
fuck you. Do you pull your dishwasher out of the cabinet every month to see if it's leaking or not? No, who in the fuck does.

A) It doesn't matter when you discovered it, and I told you this already. Read the policy.

B) There are other ways to tell, like that low tide smell for example.

Quote:
When a contractor tells me it's been leaking forever, and I see the damage it did, I believe him. It didn't cause a visible problem until the goddamned thing overflowed, by then, it was too late.

Yes, and life sucks sometimes. This is one of those times, but it's not just about you, it's just business.

You also should understand that since the leak began before you owned the house, and therefore before you had insurance on it, the date of loss predates your policy, so any way you slice this you have no coverage. You bought damaged property as is.

Quote:
insurance companies are crooked as fuck, and all about how they can screw you out of paying for shit. I know this and have to deal with it, but I don't have to like it.

With all due respect, you don't know shit, and it's apparent by your reply to this thread. Nothing crooked is going on. You have a claim that ANY policy with that language in it would deny. If you had this claim in Washington, and we couldn't prove it was leaking from the time you bought the place, it would be paid subject to sublimits for rot and mold, because WA does not allow repeated leakage and seepage exclusions.

Quote:
fuck it, I'm done. No arguing with you just like there was no arguing with that dickhead adjuster. I quit.

There's no arguing with me because you are wrong.

I look forward to arguing with you in the future when you have a leg to stand on.

Last edited by maladjusted : 19th October 2005 at 18:51.
Old 19th October 2005, 19:14   #14
snakenaz
Pollo Non Grata

snakenaz has caught teh ghey

I like insurance.

---oneL and Dave
snakenaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2005, 19:55   #15
sandman
Upon us all a little rain must fall.

sandman is a fagg0t

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakenaz
I like insurance.

sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2005, 20:09   #16
taco
don't tax me bro

taco has caught teh ghey

Life insurance + will/trust = kinda weird shit to think about.

The life insurance peoples want to come out and draw my blood for my superior DNA, my sperm for an ice cream topping and my urine to wash down my turd they collected. Then they will monitor me from space with laser beams and behavioral science to make sure i die first and my horny wife gets all my money so she can spend it on cheap shit at that brighton place.

goddamnit.
Old 19th October 2005, 20:11   #17
ez075736

ez075736 has caught teh ghey

My parents wanted to take a life insurance policy out on me. it was going to be a 250K policy that would normally cost them 100/year. but becasue of my diving and being a fat fuck it got jacked up to 800/year.
Old 19th October 2005, 20:13   #18
AnimalChin
DRINK CHEERWINE

AnimalChin has potential, we're not sure what forAnimalChin has potential, we're not sure what forAnimalChin has potential, we're not sure what forAnimalChin has potential, we're not sure what for

this thread is for GROWNUPS.
AnimalChin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2005, 20:34   #19
Stiffy
Optimus lame.

Stiffy is an amazingly feathered fowlStiffy is an amazingly feathered fowlStiffy is an amazingly feathered fowlStiffy is an amazingly feathered fowlStiffy is an amazingly feathered fowlStiffy is an amazingly feathered fowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ez075736
My parents wanted to take a life insurance policy out on me. it was going to be a 250K policy that would normally cost them 100/year. but becasue of my diving and being a fat fuck it got jacked up to 800/year.

Not to mention that being related to Doc increases your chance of being suicidal.
Old 19th October 2005, 20:56   #20
snakenaz
Pollo Non Grata

snakenaz has caught teh ghey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiffy
Not to mention that being related to Doc increases your chance of being suicidal.

111's

---oneL and Dave
snakenaz is offline   Reply With Quote