Gianni's Bar and Grille. Guns and shit. And Bourbon. And occasional side boob  

Go Back   Gianni's Bar and Grille. Guns and shit. And Bourbon. And occasional side boob > Honeycomb Hideout > The Lt. Allen Swanson Project
Victim Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 19th October 2009, 08:48   #1
taco
don't tax me bro

taco has caught teh ghey
Get High

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20091019/D9BE5D2G0.html

WASHINGTON (AP) - Federal drug agents won't pursue pot-smoking patients or their sanctioned suppliers in states that allow medical marijuana, under new legal guidelines to be issued Monday by the Obama administration.

Two Justice Department officials described the new policy to The Associated Press, saying prosecutors will be told it is not a good use of their time to arrest people who use or provide medical marijuana in strict compliance with state law.

The guidelines to be issued by the department do, however, make it clear that agents will go after people whose marijuana distribution goes beyond what is permitted under state law or use medical marijuana as a cover for other crimes, the officials said.

The new policy is a significant departure from the Bush administration, which insisted it would continue to enforce federal anti-pot laws regardless of state codes.

Fourteen states allow some use of marijuana for medical purposes: Alaska, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washington.

California is unique among those for the widespread presence of dispensaries - businesses that sell marijuana and even advertise their services. Colorado also has several dispensaries, and Rhode Island and New Mexico are in the process of licensing providers, according to the Marijuana Policy Project, a group that promotes the decriminalization of marijuana use.

Attorney General Eric Holder said in March that he wanted federal law enforcement officials to pursue those who violate both federal and state law, but it has not been clear how that goal would be put into practice.

A three-page memo spelling out the policy is expected to be sent Monday to federal prosecutors in the 14 states, and also to top officials at the FBI and Drug Enforcement Administration.

The memo, the officials said, emphasizes that prosecutors have wide discretion in choosing which cases to pursue, and says it is not a good use of federal manpower to prosecute those who are without a doubt in compliance with state law.

The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the legal guidance before it is issued.

"This is a major step forward," said Bruce Mirken, communications director for the Marijuana Policy Project. "This change in policy moves the federal government dramatically toward respecting scientific and practical reality."
Old 19th October 2009, 10:02   #2
Just_call_me_Q
BEEFCAKE!!!!!!

Just_call_me_Q is a fatty! Look the fuck out!
Re: Get High

If it's true then it's a good thing. The last thing we need to be spending money on is jailing potheads. It blows my mind that people actualy go to jail for having plant matter in their possession.

I am not sure I believe it though. It wasn't that long ago that Eric Holder said this same thing, and then the DEA raided a bunch of dispensaries in Cali.
Just_call_me_Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2009, 11:40   #3
IlDente
cumstain
I'm *this* close to silently protesting.

IlDente has caught teh ghey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_call_me_Q
If it's true then it's a good thing. The last thing we need to be spending money on is jailing potheads. It blows my mind that people actualy go to jail for having plant matter in their possession.

I am not sure I believe it though. It wasn't that long ago that Eric Holder said this same thing, and then the DEA raided a bunch of dispensaries in Cali.

Their claim was that "those investigations began before our rule change ergo we participated"

How'd you like to be the last guy prosecuted for doing something entirely legal where you live?
IlDente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2009, 18:35   #4
Just_call_me_Q
BEEFCAKE!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlDente
Their claim was that "those investigations began before our rule change ergo we participated"

How'd you like to be the last guy prosecuted for doing something entirely legal where you live?

I can't believe you tolerate living in that commie shithole. No good guns, now no ammo, pot is legal, yet people are raided and jailed still. What a fucked up state.
Old 19th October 2009, 19:31   #5
taco
don't tax me bro

taco has caught teh ghey

lets not discount the fires, mudslides, earthquakes, TAXES, traffic and more taxes
Old 19th October 2009, 20:17   #6
Hondo
I'll knock your chicklets hella the fuck out

Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.

And roving bands of Zulus in Cadillacs and Vatos in low riders.

Power corrupts.
Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
But it rocks absolutely, too

Hondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2009, 21:10   #7
Just_call_me_Q
BEEFCAKE!!!!!!

Fuck California.
Old 20th October 2009, 10:40   #8
Rooflechicken
Hella gort maringa

Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_call_me_Q
I can't believe you tolerate living in that commie shithole. No good guns, now no ammo, pot is legal, yet people are raided and jailed still. What a fucked up state.

but its 72 degrees everyday!

In memory of Johnny

One life I'm gonna live it up
I'm takin' flight I said I'll never get enough
Stand tall I'm young and kinda proud
I'm on top as long as the music's loud
Rooflechicken is offline   Reply With Quote