Gianni's Bar and Grille. Guns and shit. And Bourbon. And occasional side boob  

Go Back   Gianni's Bar and Grille. Guns and shit. And Bourbon. And occasional side boob > Honeycomb Hideout > The Lt. Allen Swanson Project
Victim Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 5th October 2005, 12:23   #21
maladjusted

Re: Grand theft auto FLORIDA

Well, and after they repelled the water pistol attack he pulled a knife.

He's fucking lucky it wasn't my house. (wait a second, they killed him, never mind, he would be equally unlucky if he picked my house)
Old 5th October 2005, 12:24   #22
taco
don't tax me bro

taco has caught teh ghey

i have an 870 and have thought about getting the bitchin pistol grip/ short barrel option from Cabelas. For better hallway use.
Old 5th October 2005, 12:24   #23
ez075736
I'm *this* close to silently protesting.

ez075736 has caught teh ghey

Thanks for the suggestions. I found this story from the June '05 issue of guns and ammo specifically a shot gun for home defense. http://www.gunsandammomag.com/long_guns/def_090105/

Their comments were pretty much in line with what you all were saying in both terms of shot (using 00) and that the Remington 870 is a good choice. It was a decent article for some one like me with limited knowledge of shotguns and munitions.
Old 5th October 2005, 12:35   #24
maladjusted

Yeah, I skimmed that. Decent advice. I like that they are not telling everyone to get pistol grips w/o a real stock.

Much easier to get good hits w/ a shouldered shotgun than just a pistol grip, but I like the control available w/ both.

If wimmens or young uns might need to use it make sure the stock is short enough to allow them to do so, and consider using "tactical" shotshells, which are simply designed with a little less recoil than a "hunting" buck shot shell. Still plenty effective, but they kick a little less.

I just took a couple inches off the stock of a 20 gauge a friend got for his wife and kids. Pretty good setup- a 20 gauge slug will rip a nice sized hole in you (roughly .58 caliber if memory serves. 12 guage is .72 or something)
Old 5th October 2005, 13:13   #25
Rooflechicken
Hella gort maringa

Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.

I have nothing to add except Mal, can we try the forehead theory, and also, you said I was RIGHT.

imagine the stopping power of onels kid?

In memory of Johnny

One life I'm gonna live it up
I'm takin' flight I said I'll never get enough
Stand tall I'm young and kinda proud
I'm on top as long as the music's loud
Rooflechicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2005, 14:22   #26
maladjusted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooflechicken
imagine the stopping power of onels kid?

Old 6th October 2005, 06:14   #27
DieHippy
Hella Bolognafried Warrior

DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.

You guys type too much when I'm gone.
DieHippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2005, 10:18   #28
Rooflechicken
Hella gort maringa

Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.

obviously they have interweb access in the desert.

You call your wife first or post here first?

Just curious.

Oh yeah, duck

In memory of Johnny

One life I'm gonna live it up
I'm takin' flight I said I'll never get enough
Stand tall I'm young and kinda proud
I'm on top as long as the music's loud
Rooflechicken is offline   Reply With Quote