Gianni's Bar and Grille. Guns and shit. And Bourbon. And occasional side boob  

Go Back   Gianni's Bar and Grille. Guns and shit. And Bourbon. And occasional side boob > Honeycomb Hideout > The Lt. Allen Swanson Project
Victim Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 30th January 2008, 14:54   #1
AnimalChin
DRINK CHEERWINE

AnimalChin has potential, we're not sure what forAnimalChin has potential, we're not sure what forAnimalChin has potential, we're not sure what forAnimalChin has potential, we're not sure what for
HARLEY DAVIDSON - SHOW BIKE MUST SEE!

http://wilmington.craigslist.org/mcy/556996668.html

A steal at only $25k!!!

used with only 18000 miles!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 01011101161301030820080130b7e2f774fd35d5ccda000cb0.jpg (18.4 KB, 25 views)
AnimalChin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2008, 14:55   #2
sandman
Upon us all a little rain must fall.

sandman is a fagg0t
Re: HARLEY DAVIDSON - SHOW BIKE MUST SEE!

LOL...

"PLEASE SERIOUS INQUIRES ONLY Contact Todd 910-538-5399"
sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2008, 14:56   #3
AnimalChin
DRINK CHEERWINE

AnimalChin has potential, we're not sure what forAnimalChin has potential, we're not sure what forAnimalChin has potential, we're not sure what forAnimalChin has potential, we're not sure what for

also playing some poker on xbox last night ran into a dude with the gamertag "hdsporster" (sic)

guess how many miles were on his 2002 model year hardley a davidson sporster 883?

surely enough to justify using "hdsporster" as a gamertag, right! i mean he's a TRUE biker, right?

2k.

in almost 6 years.

Fuck The Factory!
Old 30th January 2008, 15:02   #4
AnimalChin
DRINK CHEERWINE

$16k from flyrite out of texas.
Old 30th January 2008, 15:04   #5
AnimalChin
DRINK CHEERWINE

even better...

$5k from royal enfield!

yea, it's a thumper (single-cylinder) and it's only 500cc so it's in an entirely different class.

they've made them almost exactly the same for the past 60+ years. even still has the kick starter.
Old 30th January 2008, 15:22   #6
maladjusted
Hellappotamus

maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.

I want a Ural gear up but I rode one and they're slower than shit. If they could cruise at 80 I'd own one already. All it really needs is more gears- the engine makes enough torque.

Fucking 2 wheel drive hack. SWEET.

http://www.imz-ural.com/gearup/

I don't want the cammo pseudo military paint job but there's some cool additions to the Gear up not on the other 2WD model. Besides, it's a Russian knockoff bike I could just paint it with flat black Krylon and not feel bad.

I ran into one of the guys that tests for them in the mountains in ID a couple years ago at a Y in the road. Him and another dude were on Gear ups, looking at a paper map. Stopped to bullshit with them and then they took off down a boulder-strewn trail and I went the smoother dirt way in shame.
maladjusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2008, 15:23   #7
bigdaddy
McDonalds has STEAK on ANY breakfast sandwich!

bigdaddy is shaken, not stirredbigdaddy is shaken, not stirred

I know has seen this already, but it still cracks me up...
bigdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2008, 15:28   #8
maladjusted
Hellappotamus

maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalChin
guess how many miles

What a douchenozzle.

Faggo here in my office has 800 miles on a 2 year old bike he bought brand new, and it's some Kawasaki fake Harley or some shit.

Rode it one time last year, from his house to the office, to a lunch meeting, and home. Total round trip 65 miles, 60 of that on the damn interstate.
Old 30th January 2008, 15:35   #9
Hondo
I'll knock your chicklets hella the fuck out

Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.

$25,000 and 250 miles does NOT make you a biker.

I had a bad year last year and only got 6000 miles. In 2006 I did 13K.

Power corrupts.
Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
But it rocks absolutely, too

Hondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2008, 15:37   #10
AnimalChin
DRINK CHEERWINE

Quote:
Originally Posted by maladjusted
I want a Ural

me too holy crap that thing is rad as hell. it's 2WD and it's got reverse? fucking gnarlybuckets. i would often ditch the sidecar though. it would be a fun gimmick every once in awhile or if i was literally going across a country or 3.

hell yes on the krylon flat black and a lol at smooth road in shame.

how much do those urals go for? and can that motor be called a boxer motor because of the flat opposed twin or is that a beamer specific (nick)name?

Quote:
Faggo here in my office has 800 miles on a 2 year old bike he bought brand new, and it's some Kawasaki fake Harley or some shit.

laaaaaaaame but if it's the kawi i'm thinking of then i love those bikes. actually you said fake harley and not indian so it's not the drifter i was thinking of. either way, i would probably rather ride a kawi than fix a harley. unless it was pre-evo.

thats a pretty funny ad bigdaddy. reminds me of the dog flyer that i'm sure everyone has seen but is worth posting again because it's fucking awesome:

drifter picture
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 200710241336.jpg (117.8 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg vulcandr.jpg (63.9 KB, 22 views)
Old 30th January 2008, 16:11   #11
maladjusted
Hellappotamus

Quote:
fucking gnarlybuckets. i would often ditch the sidecar though. it would be a fun gimmick every once in awhile or if i was literally going across a country or 3.

There's a bonus to it - you can stop in technical shit and not tip over, you have extra traction due to the other drive wheel AND BEER COOLER IN THERE!

Quote:
how much do those urals go for?

Last year, the dealer in OR had extra "tourist" models - $7500 brand new.

You can find good used Gear Ups for $5000 and up. I think they are $9500 new - extra money for skid plates and the extra drive and everything.

Also on regular roads the sidecar is fun as hell because you can fly it and freak people out or kinda skid around corners the other way.

I could ride it to work in the winter in the snow - that's a big fucking plus for that sidecar.

Quote:
and can that motor be called a boxer motor because of the flat opposed twin or is that a beamer specific (nick)name?

Any horizontally opposed engine is a boxer- see also Subaru's boxer 4.

That engine is a knock off of the WWII vintage Beemer, though - so it's a boxer in every sense of the word. Mechanically that thing's 1939.

they put better electrical stuff on the newer Urals and made a few other upgrades but they are fucking primal machines- the steel parts look like some dude named Uri hammered them out on his anvil at home.

Quote:
laaaaaaaame but if it's the kawi i'm thinking of then i love those bikes.

I'm not that sure, I've only seen it once.

It's a decent looking bike. It would be way cooler if he rode it.

I put 12k on my RT and 4k on my GS (before I sold it) last year.
Old 30th January 2008, 16:23   #12
bigdaddy
McDonalds has STEAK on ANY breakfast sandwich!

bigdaddy is shaken, not stirredbigdaddy is shaken, not stirred

For the record, I've put just short of 19,000 on my Tahoe since Memorial day...

bigdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2008, 16:35   #13
AnimalChin
DRINK CHEERWINE

Quote:
Also on regular roads the sidecar is fun as hell because you can fly it and freak people out or kinda skid around corners the other way.

they turn left real good don't they. like nascar.

Quote:
Any horizontally opposed engine is a boxer- see also Subaru's boxer 4.

oh i fucking knew that.

Quote:
That engine is a knock off of the WWII vintage Beemer, though - so it's a boxer in every sense of the word. Mechanically that thing's 1939.

they put better electrical stuff on the newer Urals and made a few other upgrades but they are fucking primal machines- the steel parts look like some dude named Uri hammered them out on his anvil at home.

that's almost the same story as the royal enfield.

i believe the company went under in the UK, but nobody ever really told the factory in india so they just kind of kept going. same bike for over 50 years minus a couple upgrades. electrical and brakes i think that's about it. primal indeed. and sexy as hell. also still tricky to kickstart. remove electric starter button (or the motor if you can) and nobody can steal it! unless of course a couple guys just go and pick it up with their hands...

plus i'm a small guy so i dig the smaller bikes. cheap too!

i never looked into those urals. those things are bitchin. is the sidecar permanent then?
Old 30th January 2008, 16:57   #14
Hondo

Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.

What about...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 294019c83.jpg (83.6 KB, 21 views)

Power corrupts.

Old 30th January 2008, 17:05   #15
AnimalChin
DRINK CHEERWINE

mother fucking vincent hell yea.

(right?)
Old 30th January 2008, 17:21   #16
Hondo

Quote:
(right?)

right.

And then there's the new Vincent prototype....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 101502lightningleft.jpg (92.6 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 101502lightningrightrear.jpg (92.7 KB, 20 views)

Power corrupts.

Old 30th January 2008, 17:37   #17
maladjusted
Hellappotamus

Quote:
i never looked into those urals. those things are bitchin. is the sidecar permanent then?

I don't know for sure. I don't think I have ever seen anybody riding one without the sidecar, but I have seen the sidecar used alone adapted to fit other bikes - it's actually popular because you can get one new and cheap.

Even if not designed to come off, you're looking at about 8 bolts, adding a quick disconnect to the brake line, a plug for the wiring, and unbolting the gearbox- that I can't think of in my head but I'm pretty sure it's just a jack shaft coming off the main gearbox output with a simple little on off slidy lever - probably totally doable.

You should find the Ural dealer in OR- down in Salem (or maybe Eugene) They're nice guys - call 'em up and they'd be more than happy to talk to you about it I'm sure.

One of their guys put me in the sidecar and flew me around the parking lot- they're all "FLYING TEH CHAIR WOOOH" and I was all like FUCK and then they stopped and I was thinking that's one strong frame.
Old 30th January 2008, 17:46   #18
maladjusted
Hellappotamus

Oh I just rememberered something. That funky looking front fork on the Gear Up? It sorta sucks for regular riding w/o sidecar. It's exactly what you want with a sidecar, but without it makes the handling crap. It moves the axle out in front of the center line of the forks in order to make the rig steer more like a car and handle better with the hack.

So if you wanted to pull the sidecar off a rig like that you'd want a regular fork like on the cheaper Urals, but they don't have teh 2WD.

Besides, a Ural w/o the hack isn't nearly as cool.
Old 30th January 2008, 21:49   #19
sandman
Upon us all a little rain must fall.

sandman is a fagg0t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondo
right.

And then there's the new Vincent prototype....

fuck, that is sweeet as honey.
sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2008, 21:52   #20
AnimalChin
DRINK CHEERWINE

ya that new vincent looks way rad.