Gianni's Bar and Grille. Guns and shit. And Bourbon. And occasional side boob  

Go Back   Gianni's Bar and Grille. Guns and shit. And Bourbon. And occasional side boob > Honeycomb Hideout > The Lt. Allen Swanson Project
Victim Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 5th January 2010, 16:09   #1
Rooflechicken
Hella gort maringa

Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.
So I bought this guitar

An old friend of mine sold me this shitty guitar I probably could have gotten elsewhere for way less money but what I would like to know is there anything you guitar guys could point me to for help on how to play? My kid seems to have some interest and I'll get him actual lessons but it seems like there should be some good resources out there for the self help.

Also, if any of you worthless fucks have any electric guitars or amps and would like to sell them let me know cause I think I'm going to start buying some of that shit just to have it at my house.

In memory of Johnny

One life I'm gonna live it up
I'm takin' flight I said I'll never get enough
Stand tall I'm young and kinda proud
I'm on top as long as the music's loud
Rooflechicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 16:24   #2
IlDente
cumstain
I'm *this* close to silently protesting.

IlDente has caught teh ghey
Re: So I bought this guitar

not for sale. I use it daily. Fender Stratocaster: Plastic POS Edition. Nice eh?
IlDente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 16:27   #3
taco
don't tax me bro

taco has caught teh ghey

Iphone has an app to tune your guitar and finger your anus
Old 5th January 2010, 19:55   #4
Rooflechicken
Hella gort maringa

Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.Rooflechicken tells the truth. It's not his fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlDente

not for sale. I use it daily. Fender Stratocaster: Plastic POS Edition. Nice eh?

I am certain this joke will never get old.

In memory of Johnny

One life I'm gonna live it up
I'm takin' flight I said I'll never get enough
Stand tall I'm young and kinda proud
I'm on top as long as the music's loud
Rooflechicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 21:11   #5
bigdaddy
McDonalds has STEAK on ANY breakfast sandwich!

bigdaddy is shaken, not stirredbigdaddy is shaken, not stirred

How old is your son DBD? IMO lessons are the best way to go, but I must admit, I have NOT been good at long term lessons thru the years. Hondo's son seemed to have a very cool guitar teacher, who GOT kids and GOT teaching kids. I took my first lessons in 5th grade (1972/10 years old), but my teacher was a douche and he insisted on teaching me scales and folk songs when I wanted to learn rock and roll. Didn't last long. I consequentially, didn't take more lessons until I was in high school (and "learned" on my own and from friends in between). I'm still blown away from the videos Hondo posted, a year or so ago, of his young son playing Sweet Home Alabama and other cool songs. Man, I would have loved to have a teacher like that anywhere along the way.

That said, there are videos, that also have some good tips, but I'd say lessons are the best way to start. It's like golf - sort of - you can start on your own, go to the driving range and bang the shit out of balls trying to figure out the right way to swing, OR you can take lessonsto learn the right way to swing, then to practice and improve MUCH faster along the way...

PS. I like all my shit, so I'm not selling anything right now. If you know what you want (i.e. a starter electric in a dollar range, etc.) let me know and I'd be happy to make recommendations. Lots of good deals on eBay as well as at Guitar Center or others if you want new...
bigdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 21:29   #6
bigdaddy
McDonalds has STEAK on ANY breakfast sandwich!

bigdaddy is shaken, not stirredbigdaddy is shaken, not stirred

While I'm thinking about it, the Vox DA-5 amp is the starter amp that I bought for my son and, frankly, I love it too. Killer sound (not a tube amp, but sounds like a tube) and tons of options (multiple amp sampling, multiple effects + programming, battery power or AC, variable power output settings 0.5W to 5 W, separate mic input and pot, etc.). I bought ours on eBay, virtually new for $90, but they are $139 brand new at Guitar Center.

I love Vox amps and have a 30 watt version myself, but virtually NEVER play through it. IMO, around the house, the DA-5 has about everything you could ask for and 5 watts is actually pretty fucking loud when you want to crank it up....

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Vox-DA5-...ource=4WWRWXGB
bigdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 23:01   #7
DieHippy
Hella Bolognafried Warrior

DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.DieHippy tells the truth. It's not his fault.

well since you got a 'tar

you can jam in joe's garage.
you don't need no dope or ell es dee
DieHippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2010, 00:09   #8
iczorro
GO TO JAIL
I'm *this* close to silently protesting.

iczorro iczorro iczorro iczorro iczorro iczorro iczorro iczorro iczorro iczorro iczorro

Completely self taught, so can't really help you with the lessons part.

Takamine makes a decent cheap beginner acoustic for around $200, I think.
iczorro is offline   Reply With Quote