View Single Post
Old 28th February 2008, 21:39   #11
bigdaddy
McDonalds has STEAK on ANY breakfast sandwich!

bigdaddy is shaken, not stirredbigdaddy is shaken, not stirred
Re: I miss my dogs.

Don't mean to be a downer, Mal, but remember when you told me our little Zippy dog will let us know "when it's time"? Well, I hope we're wrong, but it looks like that time may be very soon. Long story short, she needed a hair cut bad and we couldn't take her to the groomer because her vaccinations were stopped when the cancer/pain meds were started. About a week and a half ago we hired one of them drive-to-your house doggy deals and she ended up catch either kennel cough or a respiratory infect of some sort (at least that's what the vet thinks). In the last week we've spent $500 on vet bills and a night in their "hospital". As I type this, she's in her normal night spot, sitting on the right arm of "my" chair. She's very weak and very frail, has labored breathing and perpetual shakes. I'll spend another $500 next week if it means we get some more time with her. It's WORTH IT. FUCK, now I'm getting torn up just typing this and she just crawled over on my plentiful belly.

Dude, GO get your dogs. No reason to wait and nothing wrong with leaving puppies in a kennel while you sip fruity drinks and get your man breasts tan. I actually think if you get them used to kennel stays, when they are young, it's less traumatic when their grown. You need some good puppy dogs...
bigdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote