Old 28th February 2008, 15:22   #3
Phix
       Cheesus

Phix has caught teh ghey
Re: I miss my dogs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maladjusted
It really sucks.

Somebody at my office got a puppy and it's bothering me.

Maybe it's because I've got a little cabin fever type shit going on- it's been lousy motorcycle weather and it gets dark early and doesn't get light until late so I'm home more than usual. I don't mind rain but we've still got piles of melting snow all over, and they cause icy spots in the road overnight and ice + bike = suck. Nearly done with winter bike wrenching projects.

Right now it sucks because there's no dogs at my house. When I have more stuff going on it's OK not having dogs because nothing to take care of is nice - no worries about what to do with them when not home, or finding a hotel I can take them to.

But not having any pets, after having had one pet or another since I was about 8 is weird. I actually looked through the classifieds online and that sucked ass because there's a shitload of dogs in there being given away by fucking assholes for no good reason - because they got a dog without thinking about it being a commitment. I want to go get some dogs but then I remember how bad it sucks when they die, and that it's cool not being tied to them.

If you could invent a dog stasis machine - like those things in Alien that put you into hibernation, that would be the best. I'd have about 10 dogs then, and when I went on a trip they'd just sleep for a week or whatever and then I could have them around when we're home and not worry about it when we're not.

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/science/2005-08-03-dog-clone_x.htm

Clone your dog just before it dies.

Also: In the US, we clone cattle. In Korea, they clone dogs.
Phix is offline   Reply With Quote