View Single Post
Old 4th March 2008, 08:19   #4
AnimalChin
DRINK CHEERWINE

AnimalChin has potential, we're not sure what forAnimalChin has potential, we're not sure what forAnimalChin has potential, we're not sure what forAnimalChin has potential, we're not sure what for
Re: Paging Dr. Swanson or anyone else who burns metal

dont know if i got here in time, but i would never get a flux core welder, and i really don't think i would get any sort of welder from harbor freight. see harbor freight thread.

BUT. that thing is only $150 and you can hook up a bottle of shieldpro and mig with it so maybe it's worth it since it's so cheap and you probably only need to use it a couple of times. it might be a worthy $150 experiment to tell me if i should buy it.

if you want a GREAT little mig, there's a little lincoln (the same one rooflechikken is probably talking about) that we used for all our on-site weldering and that little thing was AWESOME. it's labeled NASCAR and the machine + wire + gas and everything should run about $500. obviously far more expensive than what you posted but i will vouch that it is an excellent machine. it's rated at 5/16" steel but we welded 1" square solid stock after chamfering all the edges. this is the welder i would like to own.

also it runs on 110v so you can weld in the kitchen.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...ctId=100093231

^ that one

ALSO we got badass auto-darkening face sheilds from harbor freight for like $30. i say badass because good luck finding autodarks for less than $200.
AnimalChin is offline   Reply With Quote