View Single Post
Old 11th February 2008, 09:42   #1
Hondo
I'll knock your chicklets hella the fuck out

Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.Hondo tells the truth. It's not his fault.
Put your money where your mouth is

Here's the email I sent out this morning. If you didn't get it it's because I don't have your damn email address. Read it, then do it.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
I was sitting in the Cracker Barrel last night enjoying a rather tasty dinner when I noticed that two tables away was an army soldier in uniform having dinner with a large group of people that looked like his family. I noticed he had the 10th Mountain Division combat patch on his right shoulder so I knew this guy had either been to Iraq or Afghanistan. The more I sat there and thought about it a thought began dawning on me. I've personally thanked a number of our military for their service. But you know...as I sat there I realized I needed to do more. I got the attention of the waitress and had her bring me the soldier's check. Now I'm not some touchy-feely sentimental type of guy but it just was something I felt needed to be done. I was able to sit there and have a nice dinner because of men and women like this soldier. They sacrifice a lot for us and buying a soldier dinner seemed to be the least I could do.

Here's what I'm thinking about. I want to be able to thank more of these brave men and women personally. I'm emailing all of you and asking that whenever you see a soldier, sailor, airman or marine in uniform at a restaurant that you go and pick up his or her check. Even if you only do it one time think of the expression of thanks you are making to that person. They know you care because you just put your money where your mouth is. And honestly, if you can't afford $20 to buy a soldier a dinner what does that really say? I'm hoping you'll jump on my bandwagon here and help me get the word out. Most of you know how much I hate email forwards but this one I really want passed along. It’ll mean a great deal to our brothers and sisters in uniform.

That sergeant I bought dinner for last night? He's home from Ft. Drum visiting his family. He's going back to Iraq soon. For his third combat tour. When he thanked me for buying his dinner I shook his hand and told him "No, thank YOU." You absolutely, positively can't get a better feeling for your money than that.

Power corrupts.
Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
But it rocks absolutely, too

Hondo is offline   Reply With Quote