View Single Post
Old 13th February 2008, 11:31   #45
maladjusted
Hellappotamus

maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.maladjusted tells the truth. It's not his fault.
Re: Put your money where your mouth is

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHippy
I suppose. If the Army had those rules though it wouldn't be a big deal. It would just mean bringing your uniform with you and changing when you got to work, and changing out of it before the drive home if you needed to do some shit along the way. A lot of guys I worked with did that anyway.

See my comments above. That's what everybody claiming on the internet to be military has said - so what.

None of them have been offended by the Marine rule change or the rules of their branch of the service.

So it seems this is mostly about civilians thinking it's offensive because they can't readily identify soldiers and buy them beers to make themselves feel better about not serving themselves.

I was talking to a guy the other day- he was in town from PA, I "know" him from a motorcycle site - he was staying near my office for work so we met a couple times and had some beers. Career military, military family. He did 18 years on a couple aircraft carriers, etc, etc, etc. It was interesting- my uncle was in the Army but that was it, my old man welded ships in the Brooklyn Navy yards, but when I had a chance to go to the Air Force Academy my folks were against it I think because they blame the Army time for my uncle snatching his kids and disappearing -even though that was because my aunt was a psycho. Coupled with me being 19 looking at 4 years of academy and then 6 years active and 4 reserve or something...

That was a long fucking time for me to commit to as a stupid 19 year old and I took the more fun and easier way.

Anyhow, I think it's a little civilian guilt coming through here. This guy I had beers with retired and has a tech job teaching people how to service life support machines now, he's happy with it but I know he sacrificed for a while to serve this country. I bought him beers and thanked him and his whole fucking family for serving so I could fuck volleyball players and get my tuition paid to play foosballs.
maladjusted is offline   Reply With Quote