View Single Post
Old 19th October 2005, 18:05   #7
maladjusted

Re: Insurance questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulslayer
Listen here dammit, I'm not full of shit and I tried the insurance thing back then. This is not new news, just new to you.

You are full of shit. You said one day before, now it's since before you moved into the house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liar Onel
Since the dishwasher "dripped" for more than 1 calendar day (by the adjusters determinations), he said "Pay you? WTF is that?

Quote:
The adjuster said because it had been leaking UNDER the cabinet for an undetermined amount of time,...it had been leaking since probably before we bought the house (and was rightly fucked by the day we moved in anyway) he nixed it.

Undetermined? You know when you bought your house, don't you?

Sounds like it was clearly more than 14 days. Your policy is a contract and they are simply fulfilling their contractual obligation to you. It's not because they don't like you, it's because they don't owe you any money, and it's real simple if you just read the policy.

Quote:
Fuck, why am I telling you this anyway, you're sided with the enemy.

Not really. If anyone hates insurance companies, it's people who work for them. If someone I knew was really getting screwed I would (and have) go to bat for them. In this case, I agree with your insurance company. You had repeated leakage and or seepage that occurred over a period of more than 14 days, which is excluded. End of story. Now quit lying and making a fool of yourself about it.