View Single Post
Old 4th October 2005, 15:43   #1
taco
don't tax me bro

taco has caught teh ghey
Grand theft auto FLORIDA

Im not sure whats worse, doing this in Oakland or Florida.
Either way, i think the casket sales will go up in florida.

Quote:
Group Warns Florida Tourists They Could Be Shot

POSTED: 5:52 am CDT October 4, 2005

MIAMI -- Florida has a new law that gives legal protection to someone who shoots somebody else as long as the shooter feels threatened or is attacked.

Florida's "stand your ground" law, which took effect Saturday, says citizens no longer are obligated to retreat from an attack if they're somewhere they have a legal right to be, such as a public street. Shooters also get immunity from prosecution so long as the person shot is not a police officer.

One gun control activist said there is no other state in the nation and no other civilized nation on Earth that has a law like this.

And one visitor to Miami said "it's a little scary" learning about the new Florida gun law.

A gun control group is handing out leaflets at Miami International Airport, making sure tourists are aware of a new law that gives greater legal protections to people who shoot or use other deadly force.

The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence tells visitors, "do not argue unnecessarily with local people." It says, "If someone appears to be angry with you, maintain to the best of your ability a positive attitude, and do not shout or make threatening gestures."

Brady Campaign spokesman Peter Hamm says Florida's new "stand your ground" law could cause the most aggressive people in society to overreact.

Gov. Jeb Bush has denounced the Brady Campaign as "pure, unadulterated politics."

But the tourism industry is taking the campaign seriously. Visit Florida said Florida is "very safe" and that the Brady Campaign is "one group's political agenda."

Supporters of the law, pushed by the National Rifle Association, say it will make Florida safer