Gianni's Bar and Grille. Guns and shit. And Bourbon. And occasional side boob

Gianni's Bar and Grille. Guns and shit. And Bourbon. And occasional side boob (http://www.nobigtoe.com/index.php)
-   The Lt. Allen Swanson Project (http://www.nobigtoe.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   nancypelosi and the most ethical Congress ever (http://www.nobigtoe.com/showthread.php?t=16062)

bologna.com 4th January 2007 23:17

nancypelosi and the most ethical Congress ever

The 110th Congress begins work today and the front pages are buzzing about House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's ethics overhaul package -- "a down payment on her pledge to run 'the most ethical Congress ever,'" writes the Washington Post. Ever!

The irony there is not lost on newspapers' front pages, which note the inconvenient reminders of the Democratic Party's own ethical lapses – like Rep. William Jefferson and the FBI raid that uncovered $90,000 in his freezer and a taped conversation in which he appeared to solicit a bribe.

Jefferson's presence in the House (while he has been stripped of his position on the Ways and Means Committee) "will be a constant reminder of the fine line the new speaker will have to walk between rhetoric and reality, between the cross-cutting demands of her caucus and the demands of the public," writes the Post.

bologna.com 4th January 2007 23:18

Re: nancypelosi and the most ethical Congress ever

LET THE CLOWN SHOW BEGIN!

bologna.com 4th January 2007 23:22

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Keith Ellison made history Thursday, becoming the first Muslim member of Congress and punctuating the occasion by taking a ceremonial oath with a Quran once owned by Thomas Jefferson.

"Look at that. That's something else," Ellison, D-Minn., said as officials from the Library of Congress showed him the two-volume Quran, which was published in London in 1764.

A few minutes later, Ellison took the ceremonial oath with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., at his side. So many of Ellison's family members attended the ceremony that it was done in two takes.

Phix 5th January 2007 08:15

"... So help me Jihad!"

bologna.com 6th January 2007 13:16

"There will be the eyes of the American people on everything the president does in Iraq, for a change,'' Reid told reporters today. "The people of this country no longer support this war in Iraq.''

bologna.com 6th January 2007 13:17

Uhhhhhh.............

I support it.....

Am I no longer in this country?

Where am I?

Rooflechicken 6th January 2007 16:45

the Dems act like they won a landslide victory, its like Hezbollah's victory against Isreal.

Also, they know what you think and also what's best for EVERYONE.

taco 6th January 2007 16:59

I betcha that witch has more skeletons in her closet than shane.

bologna.com 6th January 2007 17:03