Gianni's Bar and Grille. Guns and shit. And Bourbon. And occasional side boob

Gianni's Bar and Grille. Guns and shit. And Bourbon. And occasional side boob (http://www.nobigtoe.com/index.php)
-   The Lt. Allen Swanson Project (http://www.nobigtoe.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   I liek this guy less and less each day. (http://www.nobigtoe.com/showthread.php?t=13242)

Hung0v3r 16th December 2005 11:13

I liek this guy less and less each day.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/15/po...gewanted=print

sandman 16th December 2005 11:22

Re: I liek this guy less and less each day.

Whew. I bet the media was worried they would have to talk about election results in Iraq for a while.

I thought the dems were whining that Bush didn't have enough intelligence. Now they are whining that he has too much.

Hung0v3r 16th December 2005 11:27

Uh...he allowed the NSA to tap phone inside the US without due process. Sorry, not ok in my book.

Rooflechicken 16th December 2005 11:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hung0v3r
Uh...he allowed the NSA to tap phone inside the US without due process. Sorry, not ok in my book.

Due process has already been raped and murdered long ago, this is nothing new.

I don't agree with it, but its not new.

taco 16th December 2005 11:55

Quote:

Just wait til Hillary has this power.
No fucking way will this ever happen. mark it motherfucker

Hung0v3r 16th December 2005 12:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rooflechicken
Due process has already been raped and murdered long ago, this is nothing new.

I don't agree with it, but its not new.

that doesn't mean that when someone gets caught doing it they shouldn't catch hell

Rooflechicken 16th December 2005 12:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hung0v3r
that doesn't mean that when someone gets caught doing it they shouldn't catch hell

I agree, but the ones catching him already forgot why they are doing what they do, and are just as guilty but won't admit it.

Civil liberties are different for everyone. If YOU did shit like this you'd be punished, it will never happen to POTUS.

Funny though, almost exactly opposite happened to Clinton with the perjury thing. You couldn't get a perjury trial for almost anyone else.

bologna.com 16th December 2005 12:37

On the front page of today's NEW YORK TIMES, national security reporter James Risen claims that "months after the September 11 attacks, President Bush secretly authorized the National Security Agency to eavesdrop on Americans and others inside the United States... without the court approved warrants ordinarily required for domestic spying, according to government officials."

Risen claims the White House asked the paper not to publish the article, saying that it could jeopardize continuing investigations and alert would-be terrorists that they might be under scrutiny.

Risen claims the TIMES delayed publication of the article for a year to conduct additional reporting.

But now comes word James Risen's article is only one of many "explosive newsbreaking" stories that can be found -- in his upcoming book!

The paper failed to reveal the urgent story was tied to a book release and sale.

maladjusted 16th December 2005 12:58

As long as none of this directly affects me, I will keep my head in the sand. That way when all of my civil liberties are totally gone I can bitch about the rest of you not doing anything.

While multiple wrongs does not equal right, I suspect similar chicanery has gone on with every POTUS.

The fact is that our elected representatives all need to be lined up and shot but we can't do that. If you've ever held the office of mayor of a town with 5000 people or more you should be permanently banned from ever holding another office effective immediately. We need all new people. LIke Keith Richards said "I need new blood".

taco 16th December 2005 12:59

The Onion has more truth than the NY Times

Rooflechicken 16th December 2005 13:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by maladjusted
LIke Keith Richards said "I need new blood".

I think I heard someone say that to me in Vegas once

sandman 16th December 2005 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rooflechicken
I think I heard someone say that to me in Vegas once

I think Keith Richards was more likely to say, "oh shit, there's blood in my stool".

maladjusted 16th December 2005 13:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandman
I think Keith Richards was more likely to say, "oh shit, there's blood in my stool".

I think chikkin's heard that in Vegas as well.

Rooflechicken 16th December 2005 13:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by maladjusted
I think chikkin's heard that in Vegas as well.

maybe, but I don't really remember