Gianni's Bar and Grille. Guns and shit. And Bourbon. And occasional side boob

Gianni's Bar and Grille. Guns and shit. And Bourbon. And occasional side boob (http://www.nobigtoe.com/index.php)
-   The Lt. Allen Swanson Project (http://www.nobigtoe.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   cee-enen explains X over VP's face (http://www.nobigtoe.com/showthread.php?t=13020)

bologna.com 23rd November 2005 04:13

cee-enen explains X over VP's face

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - CNN apologized on Tuesday and offered a rare explanation from its control booth for a technical glitch many viewers failed to notice -- a large "X" the network flashed over Vice President Dick Cheney's face.

The wayward graphic, which CNN said lasted for about one-seventh of a second, appeared during the network's live coverage of Cheney's speech on Monday addressing critics of the Bush administration's conduct of the war in Iraq.

Word of the snafu quickly surfaced on the Internet, including still photos of the image posted by online columnist Matt Drudge, along with a story suggesting that some who saw the momentary "X" thought it might have been deliberate.

CNN, a unit of Time Warner Inc., later issued a mea culpa saying an investigation by senior management concluded "this was a technical malfunction, not an issue of operator error" and expressing regret for the incident.

The network followed up with a special on-air segment during its "CNN Live Today" broadcast, in which anchor Daryn Kagan joined the network's technical manager, Steve Alperin, in the control room to offer a fuller explanation.

The "X" image, a place-holding marker used by technicians to cue up graphics, is not supposed to be visible to viewers but was inadvertently projected onto the screen by a malfunction in a "switcher" device, they explained.

Computer 'error'...

phxhawk 23rd November 2005 09:41

Re: cee-enen explains X over VP's face

Damn switchers.

sandman 23rd November 2005 09:50

I worked at t.v. station for 6 years.

They're full of shit. An "x" symbol to cue up graphics, that's funny. :guns:

Hung0v3r 23rd November 2005 12:03

that dual gun emoticon is the gayest thing i've ever seen

sandman 23rd November 2005 12:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hung0v3r
that dual gun emoticon is the gayest thing i've ever seen

thank Mal.

Hung0v3r 23rd November 2005 12:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandman
thank Mal.

oh, did he edit it into your post? :guns: :guns:

Last edited by Rooflechicken 09:21 AM.

Dr0nkenKitty 23rd November 2005 15:16

"Technical malfunction" my ass. That's almost a lame as a "wardrobe malfunction."

maladjusted 23rd November 2005 15:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandman
thank Mal.

Fuck you Perry, I had nothing to do with it.